Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Magazine stuck in Autochanger

Hi guys,

Hoping one of you could help me. I have the CD Magazine stuck in the BMW autochanger and the display shows "NO DISC" when select the cd mode :cry: .

Any idea's of how i could release this?

Cheers

Dave
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Slide a credit card (above or below can't remember) the carttidge and it will pop out.

Common problem that one - my car has in on changer 4.

Comment

thanks, does the headunit have to be powered, ie. Ignition on?

cheers

Comment

thanks Managed to get the disc Magazine out but when i put it back in it just says "no disc" again.

Due to the lack of function on the Magazine eject button on the charger, do you think maybe the changer has lost power?

I have tried putting it in and out a few times but the changer makes no sound when the magazine is re-inserted. Usually they make some sort of sound????

Comment

Sorry can't help further on this one - there is a way to reset the CD changer but I'm unsure how. One of the other guys may know - I think Rob may if you 'get stuck' ;)

Comment

Ignition on, remove cartridge, put back in, see if disply changes on HU.

If not, insert a couple of times and remove, then leave out but cycle the ignition. Should say no cartridge then. Now put cartidge back in.

I found that it does it after either 1) an extended periods without use or 2) an extended period without the cartidge in. Mechanism seems to get jammed up.

Worse case you have to remove the piece on top of the CD/Sub, then up pop the covered, stick your hand down the back of the cd changer and unplug / plug back in the change (DIN plug) that has resolved it every time (takes 10 mins).

Then once it's working it'll work fine whilst you still use it - in my experience.

Usually, ejecting the cartridge a couple of times and cycling the ignition fixes it though :)
            Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

I had this trouble:
              With the ignition off (!!) slide the c/card under the cartridge to eject it.
              When re-loading the cartridge you should hear the mechanism grabbing it.
              If no mechanism sounds, pressing eject will not work and the c/card will have to be used.
              Mine was like this for a while, but as gsi said, likely due to a period of inactivity (prior to my purchase of my vehicle).
              'Stick' (:roll:) with it, just as I threatened it with being replaced with another stacker unit, it started working and has been fine since .... :)
              The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
              RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

It more than likely won't work first time when you use the card to eject it. You'll have to put it in, eject, put it in eject a couple of times.

p.s - turning the ignition off is for pussies! :twisted:
                Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys,

All sorted now. Metallica, G n' R and The Floyd cd's can now take over from Sugarbabes and Black eye pea's off the radio :twisted: . I even started listening to that pensioners radio station "Saga FM" for a bit of proper music. How sad is that?

Thanks alot, you have saved my sanity.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by David1975
                    Thanks for the quick replies guys,

All sorted now. Metallica, G n' R and The Floyd cd's can now take over from Sugarbabes and Black eye pea's off the radio :twisted: . I even started listening to that pensioners radio station "Saga FM" for a bit of proper music. How sad is that?

Thanks alot, you have saved my sanity.

Dave
                    very sad, but i dont know if thats about the first or second lot of bands mentioned! :wink:

Comment

LOL. I thought i would get some stick.

cheers

Comment

It's used to GnR, so turn it up a bit. :)
                        Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

Will do Rob, For old times sake.

You missing her then?

Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X