Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen

Not my MC, but my brothers Audi Q7 and my Dad's Merc C220. Thieving scoundrels broke into the house (without smashing a window or door) whilst they were sleeping last night.

Cars were parked in Kenley, Surrey. Both cars are probably on their way to Africa by now I expect...

Just glad they found the keys and no-one was hurt
    Imola S54

Favourite trick in my area is to put something through the letter box and knock the door handle down on the inside. Easily done and seems to happen all the time with PVC doors. I always double lock the door at night and when I leave the house. I also hide the car keys.

The things you have to do these days because of these scum bags.
    Ex 2000 S50 - Oxford Green II

Comment

It's a horrible feeling knowing someone's been in your house. That's what really makes you mad (well me anyway...) rather than loosing stuff

Stuff can be replaced.

Similar thing's happened to people on here a number of times. Who was it who was broken into last year and the thieving b@stards found the engine out of the coupe swinging on a hoist? I would have paid good money to see their faces..... LOL

Every time it comes up people start name calling about leaving the keys in an obvious place, but I'm willing to bet my MC that your family's glad they slept through it and the scum found the keys easily. IMO unless you sit awake every night with a torch, a shotgun and an open bottle of JD waiting for them, you're never going to have the upper hand in that situation. They know they're breaking into an occupied house - you don't. I leave the keys out. Not temptingly in plain view, but in an easy enough spot that they'd be in and out fast enough that I wouldn't be tempted to get into argy bargy and get myself stabbed. Call me soft.

Comment

many years ago some lowlife tried to steal some parts off of my brothers mini whilst it was on the drive ......bet he regretted that when he was chased through the corn field with a cricket bat .....scum . it happened to a friend too in exactly the same way as your brother , made off with his range rover sport . string em up......

Comment

Dr N, you're absolutely right.

Until you've been visited in the night, you really have no idea of how alarming the situation is, especially if your loved ones are around you and its your job to get in harms way

1. do leave you keys available
          2. do leave the key in your front door
          3. if push comes to shove - you'll be amazed what the cops will turn a blind eye to.
          BMW 1M Coupe (sold)
          BMW Boxercup Replika

Apparently, other manufacturers do exist.....

Comment

even though my first thought would be to let them in then maim oops dis arm them if youve got a wife and kids in the house theyve got to take priority no matter how valuable your assets are they can be replaced

i once read an article years ago regarding rod stewart ( think hes a cock but he went up in my estimation)

some scum tried to car jack him in the states he gave him the keys gave him money for fuel offered him his watch and said the car is full of presents help yourself just leave the wife and child alone cant fault him

saying that its amazing what damage can be done by a fleeing burglar falling on his head from an upstairs window
            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Working...
            X