2001 S54 MC for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian View Post

If someone can see past the high mileage, they will get a great car for a sensible price.

Ian
    I totally agree. Whether someone is looking for a non mileage sensitive example to use regularly or a inexpensive S54 to use occasionally, yours would fit the bill.

Your car is a perfect example of the art of buying on condition not mileage.
    S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
      I totally agree. Whether someone is looking for a non mileage sensitive example to use regularly or a inexpensive S54 to use occasionally, yours would fit the bill.

Your car is a perfect example of the art of buying on condition not mileage.
      The car would stand up well against the two low mileage ones for sale at Hexagon for £65K and £70K. You can see how difficult it was trying to come up with a sensible price for mine.
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Ian,Ian....this is a suprise mate..i dont come here often as i have other interests too...like you i have used my car and to get such milage is proof of good ownership and care...well done...we have all seen negative opinions on this site when someone decides to sell...it makes no sense to me and as a moderator i apologise for not dealing with it...but as i say i have been slack !
        Apologies,,,and i wish you the best of luck with the sale...you will be missed...Mel.

Comment

Good luck with the sale Ian, although i think you should try some subtle mods, may make you change your mind

Will make a great buy for someone i'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
            Thanks Maph.

Just over 20K miles when I bought it in 2006, so have driven it over 200K miles. It has been a fantastic car that is just as good now as it ever was.

If someone can see past the high mileage, they will get a great car for a sensible price.

Ian
            Ian
            I’m not a regular but we have interacted on here over the years and I’ve enjoyed (and benefitted) from talking to you. Hope it goes well. As for disingenuous....... your car, your sale, your call. Nobody else’s opinion counts.

A mate of mine once said that if I ever wanted to sell mine, I should go out and spend £600 ($1000) on it and I’d change my mind and love it again. It’s always worked for me. Just a thought!!!

Good luck

Comment

Ian,

There's always one (disingenuous). Ignore. Best of luck next Friday.
              Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

I think at 200,000 miles plus this could be a very cheap Coupe for someone prepared to maintain it.

From what I’ve seen the auction has had very little if any advertising, these cars have a very limited market further limited with the high mileage.

I also think any potential buyers will be very wary of buying such a vehicle without being able to test drive & no warranty etc.

Great to see one that’s been used & enjoyed so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                  Ian,Ian....this is a suprise mate..i dont come here often as i have other interests too...like you i have used my car and to get such milage is proof of good ownership and care...well done...we have all seen negative opinions on this site when someone decides to sell...it makes no sense to me and as a moderator i apologise for not dealing with it...but as i say i have been slack !
                  Apologies,,,and i wish you the best of luck with the sale...you will be missed...Mel.
                  No need to apologise Mel. Nought as strange as folk, as my grandmother used to say!
                  S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Thanks to all who have made considered comments. I just hope it goes to a good home.

Comment

The meaning of disingenuous in this instance would be "not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does."

Also I only said "slightly" and not "wholly" disingenuous, so it's a shame I've been lambasted just for airing my view (but this is the most "cliquey" forum I've ever been on). The reason I found it "slightly disingenuous", is that the seller has been an active member of this forum for over ten years in which time there have been various threads touching on the subject of the market and market values, so I found it odd that an owner would not have at least an idea of what their car is worth and the fact that Ian states "There is a realistic reserve" would suggest that he does have such an inkling.

As an aside, and it's just my opinion, I'm not convinced this is the best route to sell this particular car - you now need TWO people bidding to own or take a punt on it whereas a sensibly priced classified ad on somewhere like Pistonheads would just need one buyer. That said, it does look in incredible condition given the mileage and the estimated sale price looks pretty keen so you may be fortunate - good luck either way!

I await further derision.
                      Last edited by matrix; 22-04-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Hi all, just new to the forum here and thought I'd add my tuppence worth to this as it may be useful coming from a prospective buyer.

I'm in the process of finalising a deal on a really great car which I'm actually buying from a family friend. In arriving at this point, I've had my eye on the market for a while and came across Ian's car in the process.

Firstly I would say that it was difficult to find, as it's not currently advertised on the mainstream sites.

That aside though, it was a very appealing car that's clearly been well looked after. The main thing that put me off was the auction factor - not being able to drive a car like that, regardless of its condition, was just going to be too much of a punt. I also live in Edinburgh and it would have been a fairly major trip to view it. For me the guide price seemed very fair in the current market although it's obviously impossible to tell what might need spent on it in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by StuC View Post
                          Hi all, just new to the forum here and thought I'd add my tuppence worth to this as it may be useful coming from a prospective buyer.

I'm in the process of finalising a deal on a really great car which I'm actually buying from a family friend. In arriving at this point, I've had my eye on the market for a while and came across Ian's car in the process.

Firstly I would say that it was difficult to find, as it's not currently advertised on the mainstream sites.

That aside though, it was a very appealing car that's clearly been well looked after. The main thing that put me off was the auction factor - not being able to drive a car like that, regardless of its condition, was just going to be too much of a punt. I also live in Edinburgh and it would have been a fairly major trip to view it. For me the guide price seemed very fair in the current market although it's obviously impossible to tell what might need spent on it in the near future.

Welcome to the forum

Comment

i signed up to auction to bid on this car, bloody missed it due to work commitments. Anyone know if it sold?

Comment

Sold for £12.5K + buyers premium according to the auction website.

Great buy IMO.
                              S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
                                Sold for £12.5K + buyers premium according to the auction website.

Great buy IMO.
                                i doubt they'll come any cheaper these days, despite the mileage it looked fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X