Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Dashboard lights NOT working ???

Hi Guys,

all my dashboard lights have stop working, including the centre console.... I have done the obvious check, checked all the fuses and they all are fine. just wondering if anyone can help before i take it to a garage to get it sorted.
    thanks

its the light switch, the dimmer section will of stopped working, you can remove it and just put a piece of cable in, you lose the dimmer function bit it will all work 100% then.

I think Will had the same problem, but i think he got a new switch not much money if i remember rightly

Comment

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97646

use the picture, then you know where the wire goes

Comment

...or you can just buy a new light switch, only £22 quid

note this problem is normally caused by the illuminated gear knob wiring shorting on the gear lever shaft.

Comment

excellent, thanks for that. just a quick one, how do i take it apart. is it from the bottem (under the steering wheel) ?

thanks inadvance

Comment

Originally posted by satty_virdi View Post
            excellent, thanks for that. just a quick one, how do i take it apart. is it from the bottem (under the steering wheel) ?

thanks inadvance
            no you need to take the vent out and pop the top cover off the switch and take off the nut underneath.

Comment

Pop cover off switch. Unscrew nut, unscrew knob. Then, just above the knob you'll see a small screw. Undo that and the vent will then just pull out.

This happened to me recently. I managed to fix the dimmer by shoving the coils around a bit and attacking it with a soldering iron. Not sure how long it'll last. Soldering the coil isn't as easy as you'd hope, as it's mounted into a heatsink.

Paul

Comment

thanks Guys, will carry out on the weekend...... will update you with the progress
                thanks

Comment

hi People,

it worked!!! ...... excellent.

Have attached a photo check it out

thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X