No announcement yet.

Wanted ac schnitzer steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's does the diffuser work Dave? The diffuser is part of the bumper (unlike e36/e46s etc) so I don't get how you can get an add on diffuser?

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
      How's does the diffuser work Dave? The diffuser is part of the bumper (unlike e36/e46s etc) so I don't get how you can get an add on diffuser?
      this is what they call a diffuser but it looks more like a trim, if it is like the e46 diffuser the centre part is open and allows air to pass through it. the z3 part was only available for a short time for some reason?.

Comment

That must just clip over the existing bumper - there would be no other way to fit.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

The hamman one was in 3 peices ie each side of exhausts and centre. That screwed under the bumper and acted like an inverted wing. I guess the schnitzer one works on same principle but centre only?

ps just got an original BMW part AC Schnitzer tax disc holder off eBay for £16

someone will probably tell me you can get them new from a dealer for £14 (So far as I know BMW stopped selling Schnitzer parts a few years ago though)
          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
            The hamman one was in 3 peices ie each side of exhausts and centre. That screwed under the bumper and acted like an inverted wing. I guess the schnitzer one works on same principle but centre only?

ps just got an original BMW part AC Schnitzer tax disc holder off eBay for £16

someone will probably tell me you can get them new from a dealer for £14 (So far as I know BMW stopped selling Schnitzer parts a few years ago though)
            I was watching that ,

Comment

diffuser picture close-up

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
                This fella asked for red stiching for his GTII...
                i want that for mine! but slightly darker stitching? or maybe it doesnt look so bright in real life, prob just the angle of pic

Click here to email me

Comment

Dave, i have a genuine ACS E36M3/Z3M steering wheel for sale. Happy to send pics if you're interested. Regards, Will

Comment

Originally posted by wfarrell View Post
                    Dave, i have a genuine ACS E36M3/Z3M steering wheel for sale. Happy to send pics if you're interested. Regards, Will
                    yes please do! will pm you email address

Comment

Originally posted by wfarrell View Post
                      Originally posted by dave p View Post
                      yes please do! will pm you email address
                      post them up on here too dave, you know what im like with pics

Click here to email me

Comment

ACS stuff....nice!!

I have yet to fit my genuine ACS steering wheel. I understand the e36 versions are single air-bag whereas the original is duel-airbag so some work to wiring needed. Has anyone else found this with fitting other steering wheels?? any recommendations??
                        poss. been posts on this before so link useful. thanks

ps, I have the ACS rear wing, splitters, door mirrors, h/brake, g/knob, pedals, & floor mats but do think the Hamann rear diffuser & DTM exhaust looks better than the ACS version (I cannot believe I have put this in writing as an avid ACS fan but...)
                        Presently awaiting a bespoke 1/18th scale exact'ish model to be completed (sad maybe but true).

Comment

I have a early car so it should only be a single stage air bag, theres a recent post on steering wheel replacement that should help you

Comment

Originally posted by steveH View Post
                            I have yet to fit my genuine ACS steering wheel. I understand the e36 versions are single air-bag whereas the original is duel-airbag so some work to wiring needed. Has anyone else found this with fitting other steering wheels?? any recommendations??
                            poss. been posts on this before so link useful. thanks

ps, I have the ACS rear wing, splitters, door mirrors, h/brake, g/knob, pedals, & floor mats but do think the Hamann rear diffuser & DTM exhaust looks better than the ACS version (I cannot believe I have put this in writing as an avid ACS fan but...)
                            Presently awaiting a bespoke 1/18th scale exact'ish model to be completed (sad maybe but true).

Steve, depends when your Z3 was made ie <04/99 = single stage system, >04/99 is 2 stage.

You can fit a single stage airbag to a dual stage car but not a 2 stage airbag to single stage car.

I've just fitted a single stage airbag (Raid Daytona) to a 2 stage car and you can see full tutorial on the link below.

Note if you have a single stage airbag to <04/99 car its easy re electrics.

The only thing you may have to do is find a way of fitting the Z3 slipring as I don't think other BMW wheels are compatable (certainly the later e46 wheels are not but can be made to fit with some re-engineering to fit the Z3 slipring).

Tutorial HERE
                            VIDEO or Journal

Comment

update - managed to find a AC Schnitzer smart airbag steering wheel and had it fitted last week, it is the same size as per original but much thicker.

Last edited by Dave P; 20-03-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Looks great Dave.

I heard rumour they were stock ///M wheels with additional leather making them thicker and a better "feel". No that you've got your hands on one do you think they are an adapted stock wheel or totally different ?

Were your estoril tabs a stright swap over ?
                                VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X