Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
    Looks great Dave.

I heard rumour they were stock ///M wheels with additional leather making them thicker and a better "feel". No that you've got your hands on one do you think they are an adapted stock wheel or totally different ?

Were your estoril tabs a stright swap over ?
    Yes I spoke to Rossiters and they told me acs steering wheels are stock bmw wheels but re-upholstered, why they dont still do older models if this is the case I dont understand as I,m sure you could still buy a e36/z3 steering wheel new from a dealer?. the tabs are from my old wheel.
    Due to the rim being thicker it makes a big difference over the thin standard wheel - as with your Raid I would imagine. p.s congrats by the way

Comment

Cheers Dave, great week = first child, off work, sunny weather, fitted my Schnitzers after 6 months search, first fathers day, BMW meet at Harewood, just finished off a '96 Dom Perignon and great big cigar ;-)
      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Cheers Dave, great week = first child, off work, sunny weather, fitted my Schnitzers after 6 months search, first fathers day, BMW meet at Harewood, just finished off a '96 Dom Perignon and great big cigar ;-)
        Congratulations john

I think the standard wheel is the main thing that dates the cabin of the coupe and the schnitzer one is not much better
        if I didn't have the sparco one I'd change it to a later e46 type or a 1 series one ( bit of a job I know)
        btw has any one seen the 1 series sport wheel with shift light oil temp etc in the rim awesome

I think it's the airbag shape that dates the wheels
        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
          Congratulations john

I think the standard wheel is the main thing that dates the cabin of the coupe and the schnitzer one is not much better
          if I didn't have the sparco one I'd change it to a later e46 type or a 1 series one ( bit of a job I know)
          btw has any one seen the 1 series sport wheel with shift light oil temp etc in the rim awesome

I think it's the airbag shape that dates the wheels
          I think you're right.
          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
            each to their own.
            Last edited by Dave P; 16-01-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
              each to their own but personally I much prefer a quality oem style steering wheel with a airbag over a "race" style wheel better suited to a chav in a corsa or a pretend race car.
              meow your saucer of milk is in the corner

thats why i said an e46 wheel lol

Comment

the BMW performance steering wheel would be very nice !! and the brakes!!

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...e_cockpit.html

Comment

I looked into the performance brakes as the 135i kit is a popular mod and great value for money but I was told (after testing by an approved fitter) that it will not fit the Z3m's
                  VIDEO or Journal

Comment

yep thats the one, great looking wheel im sure some techno geek can wire it up

brakes are supprisingly reasonable but i have AP`s

Comment

I looked into the performance brakes as the 135i kit is a popular mod and great value for money but I was told (after testing by an approved fitter) that it will not fit the Z3m's
                      they are pretty cheap shame they couldn't be modified

Last edited by Dave P; 20-03-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

just seen this steering wheel for the z3m

Comment

That's more like it.
                          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

not wanting to sound like a broken record but its the airbag that kills it its too big and ugly
                            (what do you mean look in the mirror)

has no one tried an E46 M3 one

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/martin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///

Comment

Here's the answer;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEERING-WHEEL...8#ht_822wt_677

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                                Very nice

Comment

Working...
                                X