M Coupé headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Coupé headlights

I have seen that a few people have upgraded their headlights with various different options. Mine are really very dim at night and I would like to upgrade them.

Can anyone who has experience doing this, let me know what is the most simple and cost effective way of doing so?

Thanks.

Originally posted by jamesduncan View Post
    I have seen that a few people have upgraded their headlights with various different options. Mine are really very dim at night and I would like to upgrade them.

Can anyone who has experience doing this, let me know what is the most simple and cost effective way of doing so?

Thanks.
    Osram nightrider bulbs 80% + brighter or similar!

Comment

Thanks.
      Hi mate,

I upgraded my headlights with morimoto d2s bixenon lenses and its the best upgrade available right now. If wanted ı do have 2 pairs (in good condition) headlights to start a project ;)
      I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
      sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Excuse my ignorance! Can you simply take out the old bulb and replace it with a new brighter one or does the entire headlight unit need to be taken apart? I have done indicators before but suspect the headlights might be a different matter......

Comment

Excuse my ignorance! Can you simply take out the old bulb and replace it with a new brighter one or does the entire headlight unit need to be taken apart? I have done indicators before but suspect the headlights might be a different matter......
          Headlights need to be taken apart. There are some threads about lens install on bimmerforums ;)
          sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

If you just want to replace the bulb then no, you dont need to take them apart, just a simple take out and put another in (albeit in a tight space!). Only if you're going to be messing about with lenses do you need to start physically taking them apart.
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Thanks Spooks

Comment

Thanks Spooks
                Panic over?
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

James,as Spooks say's really...bulbs are easy to replace..just make sure which ones you are taking out...also sometimes the lenses on the actual headlamps can become dull and pitted which will also make the light dull,this can be rectified with a good quality lens cleaner normally a two part procedure one part removes old traffic film /scratches and small pitting the other part is a sealer/polisher..i feel sure you will be OK with the brighter bulbs..get the brightest you can..Hids in a normal lamp assembly simply bleed out from our lenses..if you are going to go down that road..you really need "projectors" to get the things right.

Comment

I love my new ones

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                      James,as Spooks say's really...bulbs are easy to replace..just make sure which ones you are taking out...also sometimes the lenses on the actual headlamps can become dull and pitted which will also make the light dull,this can be rectified with a good quality lens cleaner normally a two part procedure one part removes old traffic film /scratches and small pitting the other part is a sealer/polisher..i feel sure you will be OK with the brighter bulbs..get the brightest you can..Hids in a normal lamp assembly simply bleed out from our lenses..if you are going to go down that road..you really need "projectors" to get the things right.
                      I have some projectors, shrouds, bulbs and more if you want to go the retrofit route just pm me

Comment

Retrofit bi-xenon headlights are the best option but not an easy job !
                        sigpic

Comment

Rikster23 had a set of halo lights for sale a few weeks back, maybe worth a pm

Comment

Looking to fit 2 x Osram bulbs to my headlights. Taken a look under the bonnet and it looks pretty tight down there! Which bulbs should I be pulling and do I need to take the entire unit out to swap out?
                            S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

I did it recently,

Had to remove the washer bottle - one big plastic screw type thing holding it in. And the air filter - couple of 10mm nuts and the jubilee clip if I remember correctly. That gave me just enough room but I do have small hands..... Couple of little covers on the passenger side that seemed to just unclip for me.

Quite easy to tell which connectors once you see the new bulb but main beam is a different bulb to dipped beam (website I bought the bulbs from said they were the same ) HB4 dipped HB3 main I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X