No announcement yet.

S50 M Coupé Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember you changed the oil filter housing. What was the rough cost for the part plus time to swap?

Thanks mate.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
      Absolutely love that Dave, your attention to detail is something to behold.

Has this level of care been applied to all of the cars that you have owned?
      no just the coupe

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
      I remember you changed the oil filter housing. What was the rough cost for the part plus time to swap?

Thanks mate.
      I think the part was about £240 but no idea of the fitting cost as I had lots of other work done at the same time

Comment

• Few more parts arrived today,

LHD mirror gaskets, breather pipe and clips

Comment

• After 5 years of having the ACS mirrors fitted I finally replaced the gaskets for LHD items, BMW wouldn't supply these unless they had a chassis number which was LHD.

Comment

• Few more parts - new hinge covers to replace broken items and injector clips

Comment

• Dave, you must be close to building a Z3m coupe from your old parts ?
              VIDEO or Journal

Comment

• Broken clips on hinge covers causing loose fit and rattling!

Comment

• New expansion tank hose in place with two clip covers,

Comment

• Replaced vent pipe for charcoal canister 16131183569 which comes with the small braided hose but no metal clip which realoem doesn't list ( part number is 11631716970)

part numbers 8 and 9

http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...CE/16/16_0215/

Comment

• Looking for airbag fault I removed the seats today to check on the wiring,

drivers seat removed

Comment

• Comment

• Wiring checked and sprayed with a contact cleaner

Comment

• Drivers seat

Belt tensioner wiring checked and cable tie tightened (which was slack)

Last edited by Dave P; 02-08-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Passenger seat removed

Comment

Working...
                                X