S50 lower engine undertray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 lower engine undertray

My car didn’t have an under tray under the engine when I bought it.

I asked my local dealership to order me one and this is the reply. I also added a picture of my car as you look at it from under the front bumper.

Surely there should be something there? The parts guy isn’t too sure.

Any help about what part I need, if any, is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    2000 Z3M coupe, Titansilber Silver with Kyalami/Black seats
    2001 e39 540i, Topaz Blue
    1971 2002tii, Bristol Grey

Previous

2013 M135i

Chris what do you have under there?,,,starting from the front bumper..?

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
      Chris what do you have under there?,,,starting from the front bumper..?
      I don’t seem to have any undertray or shield of any sort. When you look under the bumper you can see the fan and radiator.

Previous

2013 M135i

Comment

here's a thread which pictures the undertrays fitted to a euro S50,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19897

its difficult to see your picture and text so cant really tell what you are missing?

Comment

Can't read the message in the image but looks like you're missing the front undertray and oil cooler duct which sits between the radiator and the oil cooler and is attached to the front lower undertray.

Then There is a small gap where the front anti roll bar is and then the main engine undertray bolts to the xbrace and runs under the engine and gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            here's a thread which pictures the undertrays fitted to a euro S50,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19897

its difficult to see your picture and text so cant really tell what you are missing?
            Thanks. This is what I needed. Looks like I’m missing a couple of under trays.

Originally posted by c_w View Post
            Can't read the message in the image but looks like you're missing the front undertray and oil cooler duct which sits between the radiator and the oil cooler and is attached to the front lower undertray.

Then There is a small gap where the front anti roll bar is and then the main engine undertray bolts to the xbrace and runs under the engine and gearbox.
            Thanks, I’ll ask BMW tomorrow for these parts.

Didn’t realise my attachments where so small. This is a copy and paste of the email BMW sent;

Hi Chris,
            Following you conversation with Jim, please see picture below – I think what you require is number 2 in the diagram below. RRP £57.04inc – with your discount £51.34inc
            It is available overnight if required. The bottom picture looks more like an engine screen however it is not listed under your chassis number. I can recall a number of E36 M Models came without a main engine shield, customers used to phone us and say their engine screening was missing when the vehicle did not actually have one! Let me know if we can assist further. I have also advised Jim that I will add parts discounts to any your service work when required.

Kind regards
            Last edited by Chris W; 13-09-2018, 09:35 PM.

Previous

2013 M135i

Comment

I am sure the front Arch liners attach to the parts too,what are they attached to ? if nothing i think your missing the lot !

Comment

No i’ve got the wheel arches ok. I’ll try and better pictures in the daylight.

Previous

2013 M135i

Comment

Working...
                X