Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crowdfunding for a better way of trading classic cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowdfunding for a better way of trading classic cars.

I won't mention any names or post any links here, but how does the forum feel about my talking about a startup I'm working in?

It's highly relevant to many users, but it's undergoing crowdfunding so I don't want to be seen as advertising without paying for it.

We believe we're the best and cheapest way to buy/sell a classic car - by auction or negotiated sale.

The best, because (i) we only offer the best cars (we turn down the vast majority that ask to be listed), (ii) we offer the most detailed listings on the market, with typically 300+ photos of all parts of the car, 30 minutes of videos including cold start and drive with the owner, and (iii) because we pre-vet all buyers and sellers, and are working on a proper, fully FCA Authorised escrow service so nobody risks their money or their car.
    The cheapest because we charge the seller £0 and the buyer only 6% including VAT. This compares with an average of 15% commission charged to the seller AND 10% to the buyer. We don't believe middlemen should get away with charging that much.

Our consignment process is so rigorous 3/4 of our buyers so far have happily completed without having even visited their new car.

We launched the service at the end of last year in beta phase and started trading in earnest from January this year. In that time we’ve continued to develop our products whilst also running and growing the business, as a result we have helped sell over £800,000 worth of classic cars. This was a tiny proportion of the cars that we were asked to sell, because we focus on only selling the best examples - cars that we ourselves would be proud to own.

Would anyone be interested in hearing more about this? Mods, how do you feel about me revealing the name?

I work in the tech sector so always intrigued to find out about new ventures, drop me a PM
    2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

Sounds interesting, I'd be keen to hear more

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

I would definitely be interested in finding out more.

Comment

Keen to hear more, I remember you had another startup before, serial entrepreneur!

Comment

Many thanks for your interest chaps, I’ve sent you PMs with the details.

Comment

Id also be keen to know more. Thanks
              S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Hi, I would be interested to hear more.
                Cheers
                1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your interest everyone, I've sent out information packs to all who requested them. I hope if you have any questions you feel you can ask - I don't get offended!

We'll soon be on Seedrs - we're just having the final discussions with them now.

Comment

We’re now approved on Seedrs! Many thanks to you all.
                    Last edited by breezer; 03-02-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X