No announcement yet.

My First Z3M Coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was the start of my issues, when calling up 3rd I was in 5th nearly all the time as that's where the left gear lever fell.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
      Nice work! That’s going to make quite a difference when the box is cold and for the fast confident shifts! Mine is pretty worn but not too bad, although I did notice my wife was changing from 5th to 5th a few times because it doesn’t self centre very well :)
      Change the oil - that fixed mine in 2005 and it's been ok since!

Comment

• The clutch in ist new home.

New Bush and cover.

Thanks to R G Lewis, Tattenhall for sorting it out for me and taking some pictures too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post

The clutch in ist new home.

New Bush and cover.

Thanks to R G Lewis, Tattenhall for sorting it out for me and taking some pictures too.

Must be like driving a different car to the one you bought since doing all this work

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
            I changed the gear and diff oil in February when I got the car, but it didn't fix it for me sadly, but my issue was a sticking bush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              Must be like driving a different car to the one you bought since doing all this work
              The clutch is now lighter, the gearbox drives as you would expect, and the vanos has made it more responsive, so yes you are right its feels like a different car, and when I replace the cheap rear tyres, it might actually handle too. lol

Comment

I changed the gear and diff oil in February when I got the car, but it didn't fix it for me sadly, but my issue was a sticking bush.
                Ah I see, always worth a try first!

How was the flywheel out of interest?

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
                  Thanks, Yes I already did that actually, used the Amsoil and it did improve a lot, not a huge issue now but the spring is still a bit worn after 90k miles.

Comment

• Agreed ;)

Originally posted by c_w View Post

How was the flywheel out of interest?

OK? Used but 160K bound to be lol.

Comment

• Though shes only has done 1500 miles since the last oil change that was over a year or so ago, so thought may as well do it my self now as does it really matter?

as long as I have the receipts, and buy the genuine parts, I can for once save a couple of quid.

This will be the first oil change I've ever done on one of my M cars.

Please don't everyone get all upset about my oil choice, it is what it is and I like it.

Comment

Agreed ;)

OK? Used but 160K bound to be lol.
                        No issues with the DMF element? They seem fairly robust though, as in few people seem to mention any issues with them.

Comment

• Not that the mechanic mentioned, and I've not noticed any issues. The car to be fair drives like anew one, its revs more freely than my old 85K E36 EVO, and still pulls like a train.

Comment

• I think the S50 has to be the most widely varied engine every made

Comment

• I would agree, have owned neatly 10 cars with them in. But in my experience its largely down to how the car was driven from new, when I worked for Toyota in the 90's I had a caring e 1.6 16v lean burn, that was eco friendly, but sadly for it, it was company car that I had from 8 miles on the clock, and once "run it" I drove it like I stole it for 5,000 miles, and my boss had a 2.0 16v that he drove like miss daisy for 5,000 miles. Jump for 6 months, and the purchasers of the 2,0 16v came in for service and I leant them my car for the day, and when they returned they couldn't believe how well it went, though it was some sports edition GTI type of deal, I said no, just a 1.6i run in right lol.

Comment

• There are plenty of quicker cars but I love the raw feeling of rowing the gears and winding out the engine with no nannying driver aids, very involving to drive! And still feels quick today. But you all know that :)

Comment

Working...
                                X