Anti roll bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gneville View Post
    Just ordered my H&R ARB's from eurocarparts (now the sales has ended !!!) £279.00 inc carriage using discount code.
    Good price

Comment

can someone please explain whether / how these really make a difference. I understand the concept of less roll, which is fine. But if they're such a great idea why didn't M engineers install them?
      When on track, the car does move around hugely, lots of roll, etc but a) that makes the car quite readable and chuckable and b) would some after market antiroll bar just change the set up (e.g. more under / oversteer)
      Thanks for clarifying!
      Adgild

PS i have a similar question about strut braces...if they're so great why didn't M install them?

Comment

Strut braces are designed to stiffen the chassis which they probably do but the feel is negligble. However BMW did start to fitting bracing to the Z4. Structural chassis stiffness is key to making a car ride and handle. The Z3 roadster, despite what Roadster owners say drives like a different car to the Coupe. Making it more stiff only helps. Though I can't notice much I like the look of mine and it must give the front suspension turrets some strengthening (they are prone to cracking around the top).

The H&R roll bars are one of the most transforming mods you can do to the car, the car is simply to soft stock and the nature of the suspension design (rear particularly) means it pitches and dives more than modern cars. The bars give the car a much more controlled and modern feeling IMO. I would say the opposite, that when the car is bucking and diving that it's harder to read, I had so much more confidence in the car when I fitted them.
        Last edited by c_w; 04-09-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Seems a very low price for the H&R ARB kit, am I missing something or is just cause its from a German supplier?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-R-33936H...item1c3f95a175

Comment

Doh, just realised, its just the rear

Comment

do most people fit to front and rear.i have bilstein and intrax 30 mm lower springs but the rear is still soft whereas the front is much stiffer,cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
                do most people fit to front and rear.i have bilstein and intrax 30 mm lower springs but the rear is still soft whereas the front is much stiffer,cheers
                Most people fit the pair
                Last edited by Dave P; 09-12-2014, 09:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                X