No announcement yet.

Silver S50 with ACS parts journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odometer clicked on to 80,000 miles this morning 28,000 of which have been in my ownership. Meep meep.
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

• I can't quite believe that I'm typing it, but I've decided that my MC will be heading for sale shortly. We're looking at making some big changes to our lifestyle and it's going to involve giving up the dream of owning my pride and joy for the last ten years unfortunately. Gulp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
        I can't quite believe that I'm typing it, but I've decided that my MC will be heading for sale shortly. We're looking at making some big changes to our lifestyle and it's going to involve giving up the dream of owning my pride and joy for the last ten years unfortunately. Gulp.
        Thats a shame Tony , I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do and hope if you do sell that you will stick around as your help and input on the forum over the years has been greatly appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post

Thats a shame Tony , I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do and hope if you do sell that you will stick around as your help and input on the forum over the years has been greatly appreciated
          Haha you’ve read my motivation with your ‘IF’ I sell. Such a hard decision. In fact the decision to sell the house has been much, much easier

Comment

I can't quite believe that I'm typing it, but I've decided that my MC will be heading for sale shortly. We're looking at making some big changes to our lifestyle and it's going to involve giving up the dream of owning my pride and joy for the last ten years unfortunately. Gulp.
            Tony, sad news "IF" you are going to sell your car to enable the big change of lifestyle to be undertaken. Hang on as long as you can before you sell it, unless you have to definitely go down that route to complete the future change. Only you will know if that has be the solution. However the number of people who have had an MC sold it and regretted it and then wanted another one (I did it ). I was lucky enough to get an identical car an the bottom of the market 9 years ago, but who knows what the future holds.

I have the same sentiments as Dave, "IF" you do sell, that you will stick around as your input to the Forum cannot be underestimated. Also you have taken some great photos over the past few years. There should be one of them in next months BMWCC Straight Six magazine in the Z3 section.
            Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
            1986 M635
            1985 E28 M5
            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

• Well, the sale of my MC has been agreed and a deposit received so I guess that signifies the end of an era for me, having owned one of the greatest BMWs ever made in my opinion. I have loved every minute of driving this special little car.

Knowing that it's going to a forum member reduces the blow of having to sell (a little!), but Christ I'll miss this thing so much. I just need to focus on future plans now to make sure I've not sold it for no reason.

I'll let the new owner share their news once the car has been collected.

*sobs in tissue

Comment

Well, the sale of my MC has been agreed and a deposit received so I guess that signifies the end of an era for me, having owned one of the greatest BMWs ever made in my opinion. I have loved every minute of driving this special little car.

Knowing that it's going to a forum member reduces the blow of having to sell (a little!), but Christ I'll miss this thing so much. I just need to focus on future plans now to make sure I've not sold it for no reason.

*sobs in tissue
                Noooooooooooooo, good luck in your future venture Tony, I take it the new owner is known to the forum?

Comment

Noooooooooooooo, good luck in your future venture Tony, I take it the new owner is known to the forum?
                  I'm absolutely gutted mate, but needs must.

I've got the old MG Midget that my dad left me a few years ago which needs some love again, so that's something that'll help but it's no MC that's for sure . RWD at least but just lacking around 2000cc and the kudos of the Coupe, haha

I was hoping I'd make it to Silverstone in the MC for one last show with the forum but can't unfortunately. I'm sure I'll catch up with some of you guys again at shows in the future though and will be around on here also.

Comment

Well, the sale of my MC has been agreed and a deposit received so I guess that signifies the end of an era for me, having owned one of the greatest BMWs ever made in my opinion. I have loved every minute of driving this special little car.

*sobs in tissue
                    Must’ve been such a difficult decision but I’m sure you’re selling for the right reasons Tony. Hopefully you’ll stick around on the forum and maybe we’ll see you at a car meet in the future. Really hope it all works out for you
                    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

• Only you could make the decision to sell as only you know what the future requirements are for the family. Very sad not be seeing you with the MC again, but I also have a love for old MGs as I had 1966 and 1974 MGB GTs. The 1966 one I wish I still had, a Black/Black leather with chrome wires (I'm sure it was a factory special as the colour and chrome wires weren't options at that time). So I'll gladly come and see you at a MG stand sometime/somewhere, just let us know. Keep in touch with the Forum if you can.
                      Very best of luck in your future endeavours.
                      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                      1986 M635
                      1985 E28 M5
                      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

• And that's it away to a new owner this morning... ridiculous to admit just how emotional it was watching it drive away and I already regret selling it massively but have to focus on our future plans. Christ they'd better work out now

Really do hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Click image for larger version

Name:	51353969932_47a6b79696_b.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	296204

Comment

• Sad day Tony

Comment

• I know how it feels, I was only in one for a year and watching it drive off was an odd feeling, but circumstances are circumstances. At least in my case I still had an old M car to potter with.

Good luck Tony, after 10 years I cant imagine.
                            2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Sad day Tony
                              Indeed mate. Trying to keep future plans upfront in my mind but the empty garage this morning... urgh!

Comment

• Hello all, I hope you're all well and at least a few of you still have your MC on the road rather than tucked away for winter Wondering if DaveP actually put more than 5 miles on his car this year as I type this

I just nipped on to the forum to answer a message that I received an alert for. I've not been on much at all since selling the MC because, well... it's painful reminding myself that I no longer have it, ha.

Anyway I thought while here I'd just update the regulars that showed an interest and wished us well with our life plans... I'm delighted to say that it all worked out and we're now living in the middle of nowhere up in Scotland - and it's bloody bliss! But hell that MC would have been fun up here. Did actually spot one not too long ago, maybe up doing the NC500 at a guess as it was on one of those tourist routes.

I've still to bring my dad's old MG Midget up here, but a little nervous about it disintegrating in the coastal air within a month of doing so.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and have fun out there

Comment

Working...
                                X