Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWV3 adjustment questions

Hi all

When adjusting the rear ride height of my KWV3s it states in the handbook that you need to remove the spring perch to adjust it, something that makes sense as it just spins otherwise, problem is the suspension will not drop enough to allow it to come out

How do people adjust it? Surely you don't have to disconnect the shock?

Cheers
    Ian
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Well managed to do it but it's not as well thought out as it could have been. Ended up using a tape covered screwdriver and wrench handle to take the spring pressure off of the perch before using the supplied spanner to adjust the height

As with a few other things I expected better for the price, they should have put a metal collar through the plastic collar so you can hold it in place whilst turning the nut. The instructions say to remove the perch, something the anti bar is stopping the suspension dropping sufficiently.
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

The easy way is to lift both back wheels off the ground to relieve the ARB. You should then be able to rotate the spring perch. If it's too stiff to rotate, just remove the bolt from the bottom of the damper and then the trailing arm will drop enough to remove the spring. Sometimes releasing the handbrake drops the trailing arm more.

Once you've got the ride height adjusted, it's not a job you'll need to do again.
      /// Exdos ///
      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation John, at least I know it wasn't just me!

I adjusted it down further and will see how it goes, aesthetically I would like it lower but it still needs to be practical.

Comment

Working...
        X