Won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopper View Post
    I was wondering if I needed a new battery or if a good charge would suffice. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
    IME If it's older than 4 years and you want future reliability, then change it.

Don't buy a halfords special either - OEM batteries are great and are worth the extra £££.
    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Bump for that time of year battery fail!

Just been out to start the Coupe after last night's frost...only to find this exact same issue. I can hear click click click of the starter trying to fire but it's not having it. All lights are on fine and ignition sounds perky but I'm just getting the dreaded click.

I'll leave it on charge for a while and try again.

Comment

does sound like the battery has had it

Comment

Thanks Neil, I'll look into that.

Left it charging for a couple of hours and it started. Glad it was just the battery to be honest. You know how things tend to escalate with the Coupes.

Went for a good spin and hopefully charged it up enough to hold overnight. I think the passenger door 'may' have been half open since Monday. Oooops.

Comment

link to ebay ad if you decide to get a trickle charger, afaik this is the same one BMW supply from dealers, £44 ish

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CTEK-MULTI-XS-...item1c0b3e3ec0

this company has sold a few of these!

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Comment

I have one of these and highly recommend them.......first class piece of kit
                S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

lidl have got the similar charger on offer again at 14.99 i think , 3 year warranty and german made

Comment

Working...
                  X