subwoofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subwoofer

saw this picture of a z3m coupe fitted with a sub, doesnt look half bad for people without the Harman set up.

Last edited by Dave P; 09-11-2015, 03:40 PM.

That is actually quite a good unobtrusive position for the speaker.
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Yea there's a lot of space in that rear 3/4 without the trim and compressor.

Comment

another sub install,

Comment

Don't know if its because I've got used to the awful standard setup in my roady, but I'm blown away by the quality of the HK setup - mines standard with an Alpine 7873R headunit which I suppose makes all the difference...
          BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
          ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

Originally posted by oo 1005 View Post
            Don't know if its because I've got used to the awful standard setup in my roady, but I'm blown away by the quality of the HK setup - mines standard with an Alpine 7873R headunit which I suppose makes all the difference...
            The headunit can only overcome so much though, but it sounds like your system is like mine; ie it works properly!! Some of the HK subs, it appears, just don't work at all.

With my Becker headunit the sound quality is exactly as the OEM BMW unit. Granted an Alpine will probably sound better than the Becker but I think some HK systems are wired wrong or faulty becasue so many people complain how poor it is with no bass, but mine is fine!

Comment

another sub install,

Comment

I think it looks alright, there's a lot of wiring there - it just needs the black trim covering it up now!

Comment

looks great and once the standard trim is replaced none of the amps can be seen.

Comment

another install idea.

Last edited by Dave P; 20-10-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

These pictures take me back to my "Max Power" days. Mk2 and Mk3 Golf GTi's, 12" JL Audio sub and a Alpine V12 amp.............happy days!!
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I like these, but wont somebody please think of the dogs?! They're trying to sleep back there.

Comment

Originally posted by wefail View Post
                          I like these, but wont somebody please think of the dogs?! They're trying to sleep back there.

nice pair of woofers!

Comment

Here's mine...

All OEM speakers were swapped out for Diamond speakers, needed the tweeters in the footwell, dont think they look to obtrusive tho.

Had this set up for nearly 7 years and still sounds amazing!!

Neme
                            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X