Leatherz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leatherz

Has anyone purchased and fitted the OEM look illuminated short shift gear knob from Leatherz? Looks right up my street, but seems quite expensive. Any cheaper alternatives lying around?
    http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/mercha...Z3_Shift_Knobs

I've seen the Storm versions, which I like, but prefer the OEM look.

Any thoughts suggestions welcome.

Dan
    Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
    Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

I've ended up going for this item that I've found on German eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1708816767...9#ht_500wt_965

It's a shorter shift knob and hopefully slightly weighted whilst retaining the OEM illumination. I'll report back as to how it functions once fitted.
    Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
    Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

Comment

I'd be interested on your feedback on this item as I need a replacement for the one fitted on my car, its quite faded.
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

that is the one id say go for (second link) looks to be fairly priced too!!!
        good find

Click here to email me

Comment

translation:

You are purchasing an original BMW M short shift knob in leather with light.
          The gear knob is suitable for all 5-speed gearbox.
          The replacement of the shift knob is simply the old one is removed easily and the new plugged.
          The cable for lighting the cigarette lighter is the easiest, elec. Windows or the switch is connected to the hazard warning lights.
          Since the cable is guided directly by the shift knob Leather cover in this is absolutely not visible!
          The lighting in red I will professionally install the shift knob, you will see no difference between the lighting of Org BMW (there are only in leather gear knob), and this.
          You can block the shift knob in every BMW with manual transmission.
          It fits BMW E30 is sitting up on the new E60, the shift rod on the gear knob is always the same.

The gearshift is i.d.R. about 3 days later than 5 days after receipt of money sent.

Free shipping to Germany, to Europe 3,90 EUR extra charge.

For questions, I am of course happy to help.

Click here to email me

Comment

I got one last year - its almost a perfect match colourwise but not quite - although as the gearknob isn't next to the correct lighting you don't really notice.
            BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
            ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

Originally posted by toftdan View Post
              I've ended up going for this item that I've found on German eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1708816767...9#ht_500wt_965

It's a shorter shift knob and hopefully slightly weighted whilst retaining the OEM illumination. I'll report back as to how it functions once fitted.
              How did you get on with this item? On my list of things to replace on the MC.
              Any comment of the colour match? Did the action feel any different?
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                How did you get on with this item? On my list of things to replace on the MC.
                Any comment of the colour match? Did the action feel any different?
                If its weighted, I am buying one

Comment

Not yet found out, it's getting fitted on Saturday when I pick up the car.

I have however got it handy and I am surprised at the weight of it which suggests it is weighted. Although I'll do a full comparison and take some photos to post as soon as I'm back on Sunday.

Comment

I fitted one to my old MC and there's no real noticeable difference to OEM.
                    From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Working...
                    X