there's a hole in my door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there's a hole in my door

On the interior trim panel of my MC's driver's door is a hole which looks like it should have a blanking plate or something over it. Looking on realoem there is no such hole. Here's an artist's impression:

red bit = the hole

Any ideas what it is and why it's not shown on realoem? I'd like to tidy it up, but have drawn a blank (no pun intended, sorry).
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

An airbag logo/badge?

Comment

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&hg=51&fg=50

Nro 23
      S50 - '99 Estoril/Estoril-Black
      Mods - KW 3 Coilovers, H&R ARBs, Raid steering wheel, Wiechers Sport half-rollcage & strut brace, Simota CAI, Powerflex front and beam bushes, Beyern Mesh 18".

Comment

Yes, its the airbag logo, the clips for it can break easily if its removed to access one of the screws for taking the door panel off

Comment

Thanks guys, you are correct. Useful info from all of you in fact.

Game bonus! I didn't realise my car had side airbags. (only had it a couple of weeks)

I kept meaning to look at the passenger door for comparison but it's one of those things that I only remembered when I was in the office. As soon as I'm in the drivers seat, things like that fade into insignificance!
          "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Comment

I didn't know they had side airbags? is that all models?

S54 Titianium

Comment

They were an option so I assume you can only tell if this badge is present or not.

Comment

Working...
              X