Different seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different seats?

What does everyone think of the original seats?

Does anyone have different seats fitted to their car? (non leather?)

I saw a pic of an MC with a recaro race seat fitted, just wondered what else people have, and whats the most comfortable

Click here to email me

A lot of people have Recaro Pole Positions (including me) and they're very light and brilliantly supportive, really allows you to feel what the car is doing.

Comment

these look good.. gt3

Comment

they do look great, cheers for the pic!
        i would like to know how they feel and how comfy they would be compared to the original seats

thanks for the replies, mike your car was the one that i was thinking of with the recaro fitted

Click here to email me

Comment

I had Recaro pole positions but they are pretty small (I am 6' 6") so swapped for Cobra Suzuka GT and I am more than happy. Custom mounts for extra head/leg room help a lot as well. The only inconvenience is that once you get rid of the original seats you loose the normal seatbelts so you have to use harnesses all the time.

Comment

Any members on here got the GT3 / GT3 Replica seats fitted as per dave p's pic above?

Can you get Pole Posotions in Leather? I fancy some quality lightweight bucket seats but still want leather.

I'm also not 100% sure what you need in the way of subframes and mounts so feedback from owners with aftermarket seats already fitted would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Comment

The pole positions require some modification to get them to fit. Not sure if this would work with leather ones as you need to take the fabric off and cut out some of the foam........
              Ex 2001 S54
              New cars:
              Lotus Carlton
              350Z

Comment

another picture, with these seats you can still use seat belts.

Comment

Originally posted by MGR View Post
                  The pole positions require some modification to get them to fit. Not sure if this would work with leather ones as you need to take the fabric off and cut out some of the foam........
                  Good point. I've had my elasticated fabric covered pole positions remodelled on the shoulders to fit but a leather cover will not necessarily refit iteself to the smaller shoulders. BUT it should be doable if you can get the 'contractor' to restitch the excess leather. And the leather does look a LOT better then fabric.

OXAM - I am using my OEM seatbelts with the pole positions, no problem.
                  Last edited by coupe fan; 13-12-2009, 11:50 PM.
                  Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

The pole positions in my car are the faux leather cover. Would have liked real leather but they're very expensive and I'd be constantly worried about them. The fake stuff feels pretty good and retains the non-cloth appearance which is nice imo, also the middles are alcantara which everyone loves ;-)

As for fitting pole positions, you will need to modify the shoulder of them but you don't need to send them off to do this (as long as its cloth or faux leather). My first seat I had professionally done and was happy enough with the work, but when I got my passenger seat I decided to fit it and see how much needed cutting back. Turns out much less than I thought. So with the help of a friend, we loosened the covering, pulled it off the offending shoulder section and dremeled away the bit where the shoulder curves back (this is where I realise that a picture would have helped). So I didn't need to remove any of the actual seat facing, just the bit where it curves back. After filing it down to remove the sharp edge, we cleaned it up and put the cover back over. Result? It looks exactly as it did before but just allows a couple of mm between the seat and the door. Perfect.

Comment

My pole position seats are going to be re trimmed in leather and alacantra with red stitching in the new year, so watch this space!
                      Black S50

Comment

Originally posted by chippy View Post
                        My pole position seats are going to be re trimmed in leather and alacantra with red stitching in the new year, so watch this space!
                        Sounds good, are you using the same guy that modded the seat? Look forward to seeing the results of this.

Comment

Can you fit other BMW (csl recaros) seats in the ZMC? only issue is loosing the heated option, but no biggie for me. Also how does it affect the occupancy/airbag sensors? thanks

Comment

Csl seats are only re trimmed Pole positions so no problem size wise. As for airbag etc, i just fitted the single occupancy mat from my standard seats to sort it.
                            Black S50

Comment

Thanks Chippy, the csl ones have the runners on the seats already will they line up proper in the Z? also how does the occupancy mat work to wire it up? thanks
                              Last edited by S54Missile; 15-05-2010, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X