Winter work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter work ?

Anyone planning any work on their Coupe during the winter months?

winter work

Yes.
    New sills, new drivers side wing, underside of car re waxoiled or something similar, both rear quaters re painted to remove a couple of areas that have rust on them, these will be done once sills are back on and I can drive the car to body shop.

Anything else I can find whilst its off the road.

Stoney

Comment

^^^ the same as above plus more, new outer sills and front side panels, underseal/waxoil wherever possible while the car is in pieces, currently has windows out, seals out, sills/side panels/bumpers off. Wheel refurb and new rubbers.

Hopefully a leather treatment will happen soon as the blue bolsters have discoloured a bit, any hint/tips on products and how to do it or where to go would be appreciated.

...then all fluids and filters just in time for the spring!!

Comment

new sills already on and new rear quarter panels sat in paint shop waiting for strip down and full paint job booked in for January 4th .also having rear drop link brackets strengthened ready for h@r arbs.two new rear tires a service and drivers seat needs a referb. looks like the kids are going without this Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by benny-g View Post
          ^^^ the same as above plus more, new outer sills and front side panels, underseal/waxoil wherever possible while the car is in pieces, currently has windows out, seals out, sills/side panels/bumpers off. Wheel refurb and new rubbers.

Hopefully a leather treatment will happen soon as the blue bolsters have discoloured a bit, any hint/tips on products and how to do it or where to go would be appreciated.

...then all fluids and filters just in time for the spring!!
          This product from a German dye supplier is a good match for estoril blue seats,

http://www.colourlock-lederpflege.de/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            This product from a German dye supplier is a good match for estoril blue seats,

http://www.colourlock-lederpflege.de/

Anything for Imola leather guys?

Comment

Planning on a replacing the wires that feed thru into the rear hatch as the repair just fills the trunking too much,so new connections along with cables and joined inside the car,then a replacement rear screen (thats just arrived,as my heated screen has started to go milky on the corners again! along with the heated element not working all over and then very slowly!my rear wiper seems to stop in strange place's and does not park correctly it is a new motor so i suspect a replacement module anybody know what one it is?

Comment

The first time mine failed it needed a new wiper motor, just under £200 I think.

Second time it required a new control unit, around £75. Believe it's located behind the glove box.

Ian
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Motor is new,,,so just need the module...

Comment

Mine's coming off the road and will get minor paint, ACS flippers, non-M steering rack, 1/2 cage, 3:46 diff rebuild and possibly a stroker kit.

Comment

Any body have the part no for the rear wipe module ?

Comment

61.35.8.369.474 - I think (but am not certain) that the module controls both front and rear wipers.
                        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

As Ian says above but there are two listed depending on whether you have headlamp washers,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=61_0159

Comment

Cheers chaps...yup i do have front/lamp washers ?

Comment

So do I, so that should be the number.

Comment

Working...
                              X