Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Coupe crashed by dealer

All

Heel'n'Toe has kindly help me to make a video on the above incident. The car is being repaired:

https://youtu.be/8VlC_f67tx0

I thought I'd share my experience with the community.

Thanks for the update as I am sure many of us were curious what was happening, glad its being repaired and not written off

Comment

Thanks, Dave. Let's see how it goes. Car is really part of the family since 2000...

Comment

£14k of repairs

As Dave says, great news that it's being repaired
        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Thanks, Ian. It's an approved BM body shop, so hope it's all sorted.

Comment

The car's been repaired. Thanks to Heel'nToe for creating the video:

https://youtu.be/44Xnvl7I5VU

Comment

Looks stunning!
              ----------------
              David
              1999 M Coupe (S50)
              >>Read my journal here<<
              2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
              2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Glad you got it sorted, that must have been very stressful
                2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Thanks guys. Not got the car yet as it's completing service. Will update.

The body shop has good reviews and is authorised by BMW so probably one of the best places to go to. I can post more repair pics here if people are interested. The body shop have been very transparent.

Comment

The repairs look really good and having the pictures is a huge benefit if you ever decide to sell.

Comment

Thanks Dave.

It's not declared as a write off which would have had a different outcome from my perspective. I spoke to the insurance company and the assessor seemed clued up on market values and loved the M Coupe. Let's hope it serves me well going forward as it's almost half a new car.

There's something so unique about these cars, gotta keep 'em :)

Comment

Glad the car has been repaired and hopefully you’re happy with it when you finally get it back. It’s looking really sharp in the pictures. Everyone’s worst nightmare when you leave the car with a garage and they prang it.

Comment

Thanks. Having been with me so long, it's really strange how one can get attached to a car :)

Comment

Car looks fabulous- as it should after original incident. Good result in the end
                            1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

thanks Ian. Only M Coupe owners know how good these cars are.

Comment

Working...
                              X