Thinking of buying and.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying and.......

Hiya registered yesterday & first post so be kind 8)

i thinking of getting one of these beasties, I've always liked them despite rarely seeing any on the road - so i found this one on autotrader which seems ok to me, haven't viewed it as yet but hoping to tomorrow

http://www.nhad.co.uk/nhad/oakleamot....asp?carID=337

a few questions

would this car have VANOS problems or should it be the later engine, (apparently its had its 2nd inspection)

are they fitted with traction control

i see from the rear view its sporting a forum sticker so anybody know the car ?

any more tips of what to look for when i go to view

many thanks in advance

Its an S50 so the VANOS could be an issue, but generally its not the VANOS unit that goes.
    the services have nothing to do with the VANOS anyway
    it ont have TC either

without knowing the reg not sure about who's it was!

looks a good car though

Comment

cheers for the info & quick reply

Comment

This car belonged to the chap from Scotland - traded for a merc IIRC - forget his forum id ...

\\\edit - its Brett's old car.
        The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
        RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

"Alpina Alloy Wheels" is a bit misleading as it's got standard alloys in the photos
          PhilT.

2002 S54
          Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

well if it si bretts there is a couple of grand profit so an offer could be made at well below what its up for id go for a £1000 less and see what he says!

Comment

thanks for your replies

found this help http://www.answers.com/topic/bmw-m-coupe

about the Vanos issue - from what i've read/found its a purely metallic rattle ? or have i got that all wrong ops:

had an insurance quote of 800 quid which i didnt think was to bad considering its going to have to live on the street, although i would get a tracker fitted

- any more advice is welcome 8)

Comment

the coupe is the cheapest M car to insure

Comment

Yep it's my old car. Generally good condition - Alpina alloys completely misleading. The previous owner bought some Alpina stickers and stuck them over the OEM BMW centre caps for some reason. It had it's inspection 2 service around 54k miles and was sitting around 60k miles and had three green lights still showing when I traded it.

I'll try find the email that I sent to someone else on here detailing chapter and verse about the car. Richard paid me £13,250 for the car but gave me a really good deal on the Merc, so he may be looking to get some of that back on the BMW.
                  CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

ex Estoril Blue Z3M Coupe

Comment

It was mine before it was Brett's.

Howdy All, it's been a while.

W49 PCS was mine before Brett took over. She's a lovely machine and I kinda wish I could afford to still own her (as well as the 993 turbo and golf GTI).

I'm sure Brett looked after it so I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Oh, and I put the sticker on. Good to see it's still there. I also paid for the inspection 2.

The Alpina stickers were just a bit of fun. One of the BMW ones was missing so I thought, why not?

Good luck to however buys her.
                    Ex-z3mc Estoril
                    Ex-Z4MC - carbon black
                    Now - z3mc silver, minted

Comment

Thanks for your replies Bret & outrun :) interesting about the unleaded v optimax/vpower fuel

i just have to sell mine now 8)

Comment

Working...
                      X