Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloody cd PLAYER

Can anyone help me here please.

during a cd swap over in the exchanger unit it appears to have stopped somewhere during this process and cannot complete.

the 1st display on head unit was CD error
    (possibly due to cd being upside down or not completing the swap over)

the head unit reads no disc when I try to select another cd even though I know there to be some in it.

I have tried disconnecting battery to see if this would reset things but now display reads no disc and doesn't come up with cd error no more.

all this was tried as cd exchange did not take place and neither dd the multi cartridge eject from the exchanger unit.

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS. I'm now pissed right off with the thing and think I may have to take it into the dealer.

the unit is the standard BMW exchanger if this helps.

any advice is much appreciated

thanks
    Paul
    :-(

Common problem - try this :

Originally posted by Gav Z3 M Coupe
    Is it the multi changer in the boot? If so I Had the same problem with my S50. With the ignition on slide a credit card under the cartridge to eject it, switch the ignition off then back on, now press the eject button (it might flicker green) insert the cartridge back in and this should work, try this a couple of times it always worked for me
    http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum2/viewt...hlight=changer

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers
      Common problem - try this :

Originally posted by Gav Z3 M Coupe
      Is it the multi changer in the boot? If so I Had the same problem with my S50. With the ignition on slide a credit card under the cartridge to eject it, switch the ignition off then back on, now press the eject button (it might flicker green) insert the cartridge back in and this should work, try this a couple of times it always worked for me
      http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum2/viewt...hlight=changer
      This should work, total pain in the arse, but a petty simple fix, found this happens quite often with copied or scratched CD's

Comment

quickfix

I owe you guy's a pint.

I'm smiling again as your trick with the credit card fixed it straight off.

make sure you see me at a meet this summer.

many thanks

Comment

Had the same prob and Gav helped me out with that trick! :-P ...Dealer would have stung you!...they wanted to change my CD unit and charge for parts and labour :evil:

Comment

Ever

Nice to see another MC exists in my local area - I very rarely see one on the road. Hope we get the chance to meet up at some event this year.
            Col N.
            Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
            ex Audi S4 Avant
            ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
            ex Porsche 968

Comment

Working...
            X