Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New style ACS spacer 20 and 16 mm

Comment

• Dave, I've said this before and will say it again you are an inspiration to me when it comes to these cars.

Comment

• Bought one of thise polishing cloths some time ago as well. Nice.

Some UK shop on ebay makes nice reps for those not wanting to spend silly money.

Dave, so you're doing concourse. Now I understand most part replacements.

But for example: a new MAF? Did you have a fault code or something? It's not like it had rust or anything.

What about the TPS?

Also don't understand: you needed LHD mirror gaskets? The bases are the same, now aren't they?
        Last edited by MParallel; 24-03-2016, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post
          Bought one of thise polishing cloths some time ago as well. Nice.

Some UK shop on ebay makes nice reps for those not wanting to spend silly money.

Dave, so you're doing concourse. Now I understand most part replacements.

But for example: a new MAF? Did you have a fault code or something? It's not like it had rust or anything.

What about the TPS?

Also don't understand: you needed LHD mirror gaskets? The bases are the same, now aren't they?

Car is now very clean but not concours by any standard, I don't think the car is running at 100% even though no faults are coming up so reason for replacing MAF (cheap new one from ebay) I replaced the TPS for the same reason.

The reason for the LHD mirror gaskets is the ACS mirrors on my coupe are LHD versions as ACS never made a RHD version so the original gaskets do work but the drainage aspect of the gasket was upside down on the RHD - if that makes sense!. BMW wouldn't sell me the LHD gaskets without a LHD VIN number!

I watch ebay for new parts and have a large collection of parts waiting to go on the car at the moment including an air box and some interior trim and will post up details as I fit them.

Comment

• S50 airbox assembly 13711405279

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Door latch/striker 51218399245

Comment

• Right side door pull 51418401174

Comment

• Comment

• THERMO SWITCH HEATABLE SPRAYING NOZZLE

Part number: 61318357632

Last edited by Dave P; 25-03-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• S50 clock 62132491474

Last edited by Dave P; 25-03-2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• I see. Aren't LHD/RHD mirrors different? I know the E36 M3 mirrora are.

Some nice stuff again. And again, why replace the airbox? Your original one just looks fine.

That cloth also looks new but has been NLA for over 10 years. Or is it a rep?

And thanks for making my OCD seem not mental at al compared.

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                              I see. Aren't LHD/RHD mirrors different? I know the E36 M3 mirrora are.

Some nice stuff again. And again, why replace the airbox? Your original one just looks fine.

That cloth also looks new but has been NLA for over 10 years. Or is it a rep?

And thanks for making my OCD seem not mental at al compared.
                              My current airbox has been cut up inside so going back to stock.

Yes LHD/RHD are different but the Z3 ACS mirrors just about work ok on either LHD or RHD

Mirror bases are different left to right so when you reverse them the gaskets are upside down,

Last edited by Dave P; 25-03-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Ha ok.

I never noticed before, but I'm surprised they ommited the coolent level sensor on the Z3. I just see a blind cap there.

Comment

Working...
                                X