Silver S50 with ACS parts journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
    MC has covered 70,000 miles as of today. I'm not sure why that seems like a milestone... I guess I should consider it just about run in now though
    Nah, they are run in at 200K, keep driving!
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

When I bought my MC in 2010, I always had it in mind that come the time my daughter headed off to uni, with us having to help her out financially, I'd have to consider selling the car.

Well, she heads-off to uni in September but I'm hanging on to the MC as long as I bloody can... I'm going to look in to selling my body parts instead
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

great write up!!! glad you are keeping her
        sigpic///MCoupe S50 Estoril

Comment

When I bought my MC in 2010, I always had it in mind that come the time my daughter headed off to uni, with us having to help her out financially, I'd have to consider selling the car.

Well, she heads-off to uni in September but I'm hanging on to the MC as long as I bloody can... I'm going to look in to selling my body parts instead
          Not sure if it's a body part, but I could do with a new sense of humour if it's available! I have been through the kids at Uni, daughter getting married and retained the MC, it can be done. Glad you decided to keep the most unique car in the world (almost!).
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I'm going to look in to selling my body parts instead
            How much would those boyish good looks set me back....?!

As for the Uni thing, she needs a part time job (always looks better on a CV than just dossing for 3/4 years) and she can fund herself
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
              How much would those boyish good looks set me back....?!

As for the Uni thing, she needs a part time job (always looks better on a CV than just dossing for 3/4 years) and she can fund herself
              She's been told

Boyish? Christ, I look 94 these days mate. On a good day

Comment

Hell I love how this thing drives on a cool, autumnal morning

Comment

Hell I love how this thing drives on a cool, autumnal morning
                  I have always thought that they run best the colder the air gets. The "summer only" boys don't know what they are missing!

Comment

2 yearly brake fluid change done, along with annual oil change. Still a way off the next Inspection service but I like to keep fresh oil in there. Local indy have had some problems getting supplied with Shell oil, so now on Mobil 1, 0W40. Had I known in advance I'd have supplied my own Shell oil, but I'm sure it'll be fine (BMW longevity approved oil)

Got some rust to sort out at the front of the sills (not the sill covers). Nothing major but don't want to see it getting worse and a couple of spots on the front brake lines that need a repaint

Diff mounts etc all looking good so I think the slight squeak I've noticed from the back is either that plastic boot cover I mentioned earlier, or the Rogue top mounts. Anyway, good to know it ain't the diff mount area

Must replace the rest number plate light bulb. Noticed that had gone ages ago but forgot about it, with rarely using the MC in the dark
                    Last edited by Fat Tony; 03-11-2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Sailed through the MOT today with no advisories. Panicked a bit when 2 armed officers cordoned-off the MOT centre during the test, due to somebody having deposited a stolen (I suspect) van there and scarpering. Wasn't worried about the guns, just the fact that the plates on my MC aren't exactly legal

Comment

Not sure they use armed policemen to enforce vehicle construction regulations. Might be wrong though. Dodgy MOT??

Comment

Nicest weekend of the year so far and my MC's parked up at my trusty independent while they investigate a rough idle. I suspect that it's vanos-related, with the idle speed varying quite a bit and generally being 'fluffy' on tickover, unless it decides to idle at 2k rpm. They renewed the solder on the exhaust solenoids last year, but we'll see once they've had it plugged in and given it a nosey.

All this sunshine... hope you're all out having fun in yours though
                          Last edited by Fat Tony; 08-04-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Nicest weekend of the year so far and my MC's parked up at my trusty independent while they investigate a rough idle. I suspect that it's vanos-related, with the idle speed varying quite a bit and generally being 'fluffy' on tickover, unless it decides to idle at 2k rpm. They renewed the solder on the exhaust solenoids last year, but we'll see once they've had it plugged in and given it a nosey.

All this sunshine... hope you're all out having fun in yours though

Hope its nothing too serious Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                              Hope its nothing too serious Tony
                              Sorted with a bit of solder on the inlet solenoids mate
                              Last edited by Fat Tony; 12-04-2017, 09:24 AM. Reason: Clarification of which solenoids

Comment

Sorted with a bit of solder on one of the solenoids mate

Nice one

Comment

Working...
                                X