Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MC Sales figures in the UK. Rarer than you think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC Sales figures in the UK. Rarer than you think!

Ok couldnt help my curiousity about MC numbers in the UK so contacted BMW to enquire about figures in the UK.

The response is as follows

S50 S54
    1998: 88, 0
    1999: 243, 0
    2000: 159, 0
    2001: 2, 59
    2002: 0, 57
    2003: 0, 1

So total MCs sold in the UK 609. (S50 492, S54 117)

We can only guess about numbers which have been written off and exported.

Greenbat

Sorry about the format!

Ex MC Owner

Greenbat,

Top work! I'm sure all owners will be delighted with the figures. The other question is: where on Earth did the rest of the RHD MCs get sold?

I suggest that you make this subject a "sticky" because I'm sure people will want to refer to this many times in the future.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos
      Greenbat,

Top work! I'm sure all owners will be delighted with the figures. The other question is: where on Earth did the rest of the RHD MCs get sold?

I suggest that you make this subject a "sticky" because I'm sure people will want to refer to this many times in the future.
      Japan and South Africa?

Comment

fantastic, well done mate!

i along with loads of other people asked BMW UK for those figures!
        never got them!

Comment

Yeah, contacted BMW GB but their response was not very helpful so got in touch with BMW Deutschland about 4 days ago. They sent me an email a couple of hours after my enquiry so say they were gonna someone on it. Got the reply today.

Back to the real issue, 609 MC in 4 years of sales is remarkable. Sad I know but I have just fallen in love with the MC even more.

Greenbat

PS How do I make this thread a sticky?

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Excellent !!!

To think we got over 10 percent at Donnington too makes that even more of a success.

8)

PS I'll move this to FAQ in a week or so.

Comment

Okay great work, but who here has the 2003 reg car ..... :roll: that is a one off !
              Love the car but mine has to go again :( work is taking me to russia so no way I can keep the car :( :( :(
              Need help setting up a CMMS/EAMS system?
              S54: P*** Yellow ;-)

Comment

i might be way off, i think it was a 52 plate imola red one.
                dont quote me!

Comment

Good find Greenbat - gives me even more information to go on on my quest to join the (rather exclusive) club! 8)
                  CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

ex Estoril Blue Z3M Coupe

Comment

3 were officially brought into ireland, one yellow, one silver(mine) and one black
                    BBS LMs, KWv3, H&R ARBs, Wiechers half cage, Wiechers front strut brace, Gruppe M

Comment

Originally posted by brady
                      3 were officially brought into ireland, one yellow, one silver(mine) and one black
                      Explains why there were none listed on www.autotrader.ie :-)
                      CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

ex Estoril Blue Z3M Coupe

Comment

if you go to www.carzone.ie, there is one for sale but its on uk plates but ive never seen another one in ireland, the car literally stops traffic over here!
                        BBS LMs, KWv3, H&R ARBs, Wiechers half cage, Wiechers front strut brace, Gruppe M

Comment

3 RHD cars came into Singapore.

Of those: 1 written off, 1 exported to Australia and 1 is still here........

Comment

Very interesting read Greenbat. I presume the hike between '98 and '99 was due to the price drop and Top Gear drivers car of the year awards increasing interest but does anyone have any suggestions as to why the big drop from '00 to'01?
                            98S Estoril

Comment

Originally posted by flyingsaucer
                              Very interesting read Greenbat. I presume the hike between '98 and '99 was due to the price drop and Top Gear drivers car of the year awards increasing interest but does anyone have any suggestions as to why the big drop from '00 to'01?
                              The E46 M3 came out in 2000 (x-plates I think?), it would have been the car to have at the time, being more modern and techincally better spec'd etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X