Z3 M coupe or Z4 M coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z3 M coupe or Z4 M coupe

Hi all, I have always wanted an MC so I test drove a few S50' sand loved the performance but wasn't too keen on the throttle response or cable. I then drove a pheonix S54 and O.M.G I loved it, but a low mileage S54 will set you back at least £20k for a good one IMHO. This puts it not too far away in price from a Z4 M coupe, a different beast altogether in the looks department I know but still a cracking car. I have seen a few for sale for a smidge under £25k one of which has only done about 5k I think.
    Anyway I just wanted to here a few of your thoughts about this?

Very tough question that and has been discussed many times before.

IMO the main problem is that once you extend your budget to a Z4 MC (by paying another 5k on top of the S54 Z3MC price) you are then in M3 CSL territory.

Horses for courses but I'd be buying a CSL if I were in that position.
    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Csl

Thats a fair comment I hadn't realised that CSL's were that price I thought they were £30k at least.

Comment

Originally posted by 370bhpgolf View Post
        Thats a fair comment I hadn't realised that CSL's were that price I thought they were £30k at least.
        H4pry makes a good point. A good CSL can now be had for sub 30K and I would definitely take one over a Z4M, better in every way IMO.

If your budget only reaches £20 - £22K, I would personally take a mint S54 MC over a Z4. Russell is selling his at the moment, a very nice example!

Current - BMW M6
        Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
        Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

They seem to have dropped in line with everything else at the moment ! they were £30K + but now are £25K +.

I think I'd be going for a CSL everytime. They were far too much money for me when i bought my car but if I was buying now.......

Depends if mileage is important to you.
          Ex 2001 S54
          New cars:
          Lotus Carlton
          350Z

Comment

csl

Mileage is important mainly due to maintenance costs, my budget really is £20k but would stretch if I thought the Z4 was the much better car.
            To be honest I want Z3 I always I think they are mad.
            Would any of you guys consider an S50 or would you spend the extra and get an S54?

Comment

Originally posted by 370bhpgolf View Post
              Mileage is important mainly due to maintenance costs, my budget really is £20k but would stretch if I thought the Z4 was the much better car.
              To be honest I want Z3 I always I think they are mad.
              Would any of you guys consider an S50 or would you spend the extra and get an S54?
              For me S54 - I didn't want an S50. I think its a personal choice. S54 costs less to run generally as much longer service intervals and I wanted the S54 engine however now considering tax might even itself out (assuming nothing breaks but this is the same with both cars)
              Ex 2001 S54
              New cars:
              Lotus Carlton
              350Z

Comment

S54

Yeah I'm with you on that, the S54 engine is awesome and due to drive by wire I personally think is a different beast all together to drive.

Comment

I find it odd that whilst I'm incredibly passionate about the Z3 M Coupe, I am utterly indifferent as to S50 vs S54.

I got an S50 but that wasn't on any budget grounds (particularly since I paid over the odds for my S50 which was already costly since it had only 18K mileage). Think it is because I am less interested in the performance side of MC ownership and more into the aesthetics and uniqueness of the car. And since Dakar was my first choice, that dictated an S50.

Still, one thing I would have liked from an S54 is the grey gauge faces - would have been nice with my black/grey interior ...
                  2000 Dakar MC
                  1999 Cosmos Z3 2.8
                  2004 545i Sport

Comment

i see value stay go down hurry of z4m coupe,i personally wait the new year and buy an z4m,the z3m is more muscle car but the z4m is really nice and naturally goes better...
                    Next year will be good time for take an z4m coupe..
                    If i dont rember wrong an my friend buy an mcoupe for 30k euro 6 years ago,now the same car value around 22-23k euro...
                    www.fastdrive.org
                    S50 black/black-red In Rome
                    Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Working...
                    X