side gills ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side gills ???

HI There chaps....After looking at my side vents closely i have noticed that some of the very small indentations are loosing the paint,i thought it was trapped polish but after a clean with a brush...nah ! so questions are...are they ment to be black ?( i know the chrome bars arnt) and has anyone succesfully done a refurb on them...and how ? thx mel

Originally posted by melvin john booth View Post
    HI There chaps....After looking at my side vents closely i have noticed that some of the very small indentations are loosing the paint,i thought it was trapped polish but after a clean with a brush...nah ! so questions are...are they ment to be black ?( i know the chrome bars arnt) and has anyone succesfully done a refurb on them...and how ? thx mel
    They do come apart once unbolted from the bonnet. The "chrome" fin part can then be properly cleaned and polished and the painted part can be waxed separetely. If it's the black inner part thats coming off y ou could probably mask and respray it easily enough. When I did this they looked like brand new as so many have dull chrome fins or marks from polishing that you struggle to get out on the car.

Comment

Cheers Chris..i will take em off and re-paint...its funny as i hadnt really looked before !

Comment

Originally posted by melvin john booth View Post
        Cheers Chris..i will take em off and re-paint...its funny as i hadnt really looked before !
        Hi chris..done my sidegills...came up like new !! really pleased....those bloody little clips tho ! lol

Comment

Working...
        X