'Kin Conkers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Kin Conkers!

The coupe today got hit today by a conker! Smack bang in the centre of the roof. Has left a dent that looks like someone has hit it with a pin hammer!

NOT HAPPY AT ALL

Looks like it's time to sort the nagging paint issues with the car.

How much would you guys think to paint the bonnet and roof?
    Love it hate it Marmite exterior, Jaffa cake interior... Perfect

Originally posted by Muppetman View Post
    The coupe today got hit today by a conker! Smack bang in the centre of the roof. Has left a dent that looks like someone has hit it with a pin hammer!

NOT HAPPY AT ALL

Looks like it's time to sort the nagging paint issues with the car.

How much would you guys think to paint the bonnet and roof?
    Maybe £800 - £1k, depends how much & where you have it done. If you do get it done the bonnet is a nightmare to fit so the shut lines are correct etc. Many body shops will just leave on the car when spraying it.

To do the front bumper and bonnet I was quoted by a decent bodyshop £1100. I also managed to get a quote for £1800-£2k for the whole car from another place so price can vary as can the quality of the work from place to place.
    Ex 2001 S54
    New cars:
    Lotus Carlton
    350Z

Comment

Cheers Mike, I'm off on friday so may have a drive around to some places I know and get some quotes. I'll post up some quotes, it'll be interesting to see how much the prices vary.

Kin conker season, must have been a good sixer at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppetman View Post
        Kin conker season, must have been a good sixer at least.

one other thing to be aware of (I'm sure you probably are already) is that the MC is old enough that the chemicals used in the paint are now illegal so can't use exactly the same paint now. It can make it difficult to match the colour exactly.
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

Oh yeah hadn't thought of that really. Thanks feel even better now...

Comment

I have a picture of a car we saw in Swiss Alps the other year.

local residents parking cars under trees and this newish motor looked like someone gave it an all over bash with a toffe hamer.

almost 70% of car looked plenished

Comment

Paintless dent repair?

Comment

Where abouts are you? I have just got MGR old car resprayed by a guy i have used several times before and he is amazing, i got the bumper and bonnet resprayed and cost £400.
                Now i know i get a good rate as i know him well and have used him before but im sure he could do you an excellent price and it would be an A1 job. They had the car 4 days in total and was a very Thorough job. They are based in Feltham in Middlesex.
                Let me know if you are around this area and if you want me to give him a call for you.

Kieron
                kieron

2001 Phoneix yellow/blk leather ac schnitzer suspension/pedals Anthracite wheels.
                Ex 2002 blk sapphire/grey leather

Comment

Originally posted by kieron View Post
                  Where abouts are you? I have just got MGR old car resprayed by a guy i have used several times before and he is amazing, i got the bumper and bonnet resprayed and cost £400.
                  Now i know i get a good rate as i know him well and have used him before but im sure he could do you an excellent price and it would be an A1 job. They had the car 4 days in total and was a very Thorough job. They are based in Feltham in Middlesex.
                  Let me know if you are around this area and if you want me to give him a call for you.

Kieron
                  O/T but hows the car holding up ?
                  Ex 2001 S54
                  New cars:
                  Lotus Carlton
                  350Z

Comment

loving it! feels like new to be honest, i had one before with only 6k on the clock and this feels every bit as solid and with the acs mods maybe even slightly better.

Loving the colour to.

Kieron
                    kieron

2001 Phoneix yellow/blk leather ac schnitzer suspension/pedals Anthracite wheels.

Comment

loving it! feels like new to be honest, i had one before with only 6k on the clock and this feels every bit as solid and with the acs mods maybe even slightly better.

Loving the colour to.

Kieron
                      Thats good, you wouldn't believe the amount of work thats been done on that car. A lot of it wasn't documented as my mate (BMW tech) was doing it after hours for me. He was even getting to the point of making sure everything was exactly square in terms of how things (even electical components) sat in the mounts etc.
                      Ex 2001 S54
                      New cars:
                      Lotus Carlton
                      350Z

Comment

Actually just as i said the car is perfect, was driving to work this morning and the DSC and RDW (tyre warning light) came on. The car felt like the wheels or brakes were grinding heavily for about 10 secs after the lights came on then it drove fine again but the DCS and RDW lights remained on. Any idea what this could be?

Kieron
                        kieron

Comment

Actually just as i said the car is perfect, was driving to work this morning and the DSC and RDW (tyre warning light) came on. The car felt like the wheels or brakes were grinding heavily for about 10 secs after the lights came on then it drove fine again but the DCS and RDW lights remained on. Any idea what this could be?

Kieron
                          Wheel speed sensor has gone, or one of the other sensors connected to the ABS, or DSC system. My bet would be a wheel speed sensor. The yaw sensor for the DSC was replaced by me, so that just leaves the steering sensor and the wheels.
                          Ex 2001 S54
                          New cars:
                          Lotus Carlton
                          350Z

Comment

Took the car to a local large paint shop today the dealers use. Chap started by saying paintless may be the way to go but when I pointed out the bird lime marks, scratches and other minor but annoying blemishes (previous owner even though he owned it from new didn't look after the paint work at all although it had every little thing done mechanically at the dealers?) he thought the same as me (repaint).

He's said he'd need the car a week? Kept saying 'Man that's a big bonnet'

Then took it to the local BMW dealer.

I'll post the quotes as and when I get them.

Off to 355 at Dunsfold aerodrome tomorrow. They are my prefered choice as i know their work is of the highest order.

Comment

Working...
                            X