Stupid question re: rear wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question re: rear wiper

I've got to be missing something here and I suspect I'm going to look a bit stupid ...

I've turned the rear wiper on to clear my view and then can't stop it until the key's out of the ignition. The control stalk doesn't seem to 'lock' in an on position from which pull it back to turn the wiper off.

Next time I start the car - no rear wiper blade unless I initiate it again. Is it supposed to sweep a few times only and then stop or am I being an idiot?
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

hold it for the jet or push it to start, then push it again to stop.
    Ex 2001 S54
    New cars:
    Lotus Carlton
    350Z

Comment

This got me too when I first bought the car! it reverts to intermittent until you press it again.

Comment

Thanks guys - got my head around it now. The analytical part of my brain has been on strike for the last couple of days
        ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
        now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

this confused me too for a while.
          Ex 2001 S54
          New cars:
          Lotus Carlton
          350Z

Comment

Rear wiper...delete FTW!! My boot now opens on its own without the motor's weight pulling it down.

Comment

Originally posted by miketheman2k View Post
              Rear wiper...delete FTW!! My boot now opens on its own without the motor's weight pulling it down.
              Hehehehe ... Mine too!

Jez
              1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

What have you done with the hole in the boot? a grommet or something? or had it filled and painted?

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                  What have you done with the hole in the boot? a grommet or something? or had it filled and painted?
                  I've just got a rubber grommet - it's a 1" hole.

Jez
                  1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

Originally posted by wadh0070 View Post
                    I've just got a rubber grommet - it's a 1" hole.

Jez
                    Yup, me too - Halfords can supply.

Comment

Working...
                    X