Wheel Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Caps

Hello, I picked some wheel centres for my car today from the dealership using the OEM part number,their not the same as on my car?
    I called the dealers and asked the question and they told me they have been discontinued, the caps supplied are similar to the bonnet badge, I’d really like the original caps,feeling a bit miffed!!

The old style haven't been available for many years

this type

to be honest the new style don't look bad when fitted

Comment

Wheel caps

Thanks Dave,I’d prefer the original caps,you could buy the stickers at one time too,I’ll have to live with them then!! Thanks again

Comment

Some of the ebay copies are like the original style with a plastic lip around the edge. Usually better quality than BMW ones too haha

Comment

Wheel Caps

I did have a look on eBay to be honest Chris,couldn’t find any,not even copies, I did look at the bonnet badges though,they look pretty good,hard to tell the difference really,but I might as well let the dealers pull my pants down again!
          I’m on first name terms with the fella in the parts department now ha!
          Every time I call he asks if I’ve finished the car yet!!
          They don’t offer me any discount though,and I’ve spent a few quid with them!!

Comment

Originally posted by damien View Post
            I did have a look on eBay to be honest Chris,couldn’t find any,not even copies, I did look at the bonnet badges though,they look pretty good,hard to tell the difference really,but I might as well let the dealers pull my pants down again!
            I’m on first name terms with the fella in the parts department now ha!
            Every time I call he asks if I’ve finished the car yet!!
            They don’t offer me any discount though,and I’ve spent a few quid with them!!

Stick with genuine as the ebay badges and stickers can vary in quality (normally shite) Its a shame that dealers don't offer good customers discounts as even 10% was the norm a few years ago.

Comment

I needed some stickers after a wheel refurb recently, and as mine were a little pitted I bought a pack on amazon with both caps and stickers.

The last set came from Ebay and lasted around 6 years - TBH they still aren't that bad...
              '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Wheel caps

If I could have found some stickers it would have been ideal,I’ll keep the caps and use the new ones till I can find some.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
                  I needed some stickers after a wheel refurb recently, and as mine were a little pitted I bought a pack on amazon with both caps and stickers.

The last set came from Ebay and lasted around 6 years - TBH they still aren't that bad...
                  DaveP seems to like them 😝 but EVERY original badge on these cars either faded or delaminated within 5yrs, but all my ebay specials have been fine way longer.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                    DaveP seems to like them �� but EVERY original badge on these cars either faded or delaminated within 5yrs, but all my ebay specials have been fine way longer.
                    Agreed - I have ebay badges on many of my cars and they have in most cases far outlasted the original manufacturer badges.

The centre caps & M stickers on mine are ebay specials that I fitted when the wheels were refurbed last year and they look just fine to me.
                    In fact they replaced ebay special centre caps that were 8 years old and still in perfect condition - just the wrong colour as a previous owner fitted black ones.
                    ----------------
                    David
                    1999 M Coupe (S50)
                    >>Read my journal here<<
                    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
                    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Originally posted by damien View Post
                      If I could have found some stickers it would have been ideal,I’ll keep the caps and use the new ones till I can find some.

BMMINIPARTS did have some of the wheel cap stickers but just looked and they no longer are showing any stock

Comment

Wheel caps

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                        DaveP seems to like them �� but EVERY original badge on these cars either faded or delaminated within 5yrs, but all my ebay specials have been fine way longer.
                        I’m gonna have a look!!! ��
                        Last edited by damien; 05-03-2021, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Wheel caps

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                          BMMINIPARTS did have some of the wheel cap stickers but just looked and they no longer are showing any stock
                          Thanks Dave,I’ll get some eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                            The old style haven't been available for many years

this type

to be honest the new style don't look bad when fitted
                            These look a bit like that?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-68mm-...YAAOSwunJfoTi6

Comment

Working...
                            X