Unimportant Q for S54 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unimportant Q for S54 owners

It's a silly question but one which is eating away at me...

On the S50 there is a button on the centre console switch panel for the heated rear screen - as circled in yellow here:

On the S54 all the photos I have seen the ASC button takes this place and there's no sign of the heated screen switch.... so.... please humour me....

Where is it?

I presume it's just lurking somewhere else but where?

I have no good reason to ask this except it keeps me awake at night!
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

It's between the seats (sorry - no photo of the actual button):

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Ah thank you! Yes I have seen the Z3 roadsters have a switch there when they're fitted with hard top!

Now I can sleep peacefully! Much appreciated!
      ----------------
      David
      1999 M Coupe (S50)
      >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

i prefer the location on my old S50, rather than the "between the seats rummage" position.
        i'm presuming it can be moved to the S50 postion with minimal effort...

The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
        RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Don't see why not - just a case of extending the wiring, or sourcing an S50 loom I guess?
          But which one are you going to sacrifice to put it on the front?
          ----------------
          David
          1999 M Coupe (S50)
          >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler View Post
            i prefer the location on my old S50, rather than the "between the seats rummage" position.
            i'm presuming it can be moved to the S50 postion with minimal effort...

There is a guide here although a US spec car I would think its the same for Euro cars,

http://www.eatsleeptinker.com/2013/0...on-relocation/

Comment

perfect - looks much neater in the S50... now if i only lived closer than a 1000 miles to my car!!!
              The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
              RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Working...
              X