Forum meets 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum meets 2020

Looks like Silverstone Classic is the only confirmed meet so far but we hopefully will have the option to attend the ESP Cumbria show and BMW car club festival at Gaydon. Anyone in the South want to organise a show for the forum? like Vanity or any other show we can attend under the forums name?

Sports cars in the park 3rd May (With the BMW Car Club) Newby Hall nr. Leeds https://www.sportscarsinthepark.co.uk/index.php CANCELLED

Great North Classic Car Show 4th July CANCELLED

Silverstone Classic 20-22 July https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20697 CANCELLED

BMW car club festival TBC August - Postponed???? CANCELLED

Last edited by Dave P; 27-05-2020, 10:43 AM.

Saturday 04 Jul – Great North Classic Car Show at Aston Workshop, Beamish.

I organised a stand for our Forum last year but the four cars that I had listed shrank to just myself. I'm willing to have another go at organising for this year as I'll definitely be going.
    I'll put a thread up shortly if I get any feedback that anyone is interested in going.
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
      Saturday 04 Jul – Great North Classic Car Show at Aston Workshop, Beamish.

I organised a stand for our Forum last year but the four cars that I had listed shrank to just myself. I'm willing to have another go at organising for this year as I'll definitely be going.
      I'll put a thread up shortly if I get any feedback that anyone is interested in going.

That's great Pete, all you can do is try and if others make the effort to attend all the better. The aim is to cover the UK so at least people in the North East have a show in their area.

Comment

Added Sports cars in the park to the list which could be a forum meet if enough people are interested or entry with the BMW car club if you are a member. Will add more details when available.

Comment

I've just put my name down for Newby Hall last night with BMWCCNE, but anyone will be slotted in as happened last year as far as I'm aware it's not an official BMWCC event. Over 1200 cars attended last year and the bottle neck for entering the site has been sorted so it won't happen again.

Just watch out for "the birds", I was in a line up of about of about 6 Zs (I think Mr Stink was next to me) and they picked out only my car for dive bombing practice!! Luckily a lad with a water spray container had enough left to wash the worst off.
          Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I've just put my name down for Newby Hall last night with BMWCCNE, but anyone will be slotted in as happened last year as far as I'm aware it's not an official BMWCC event. Over 1200 cars attended last year and the bottle neck for entering the site has been sorted so it won't happen again.

Just watch out for "the birds", I was in a line up of about of about 6 Zs (I think Mr Stink was next to me) and they picked out only my car for dive bombing practice!! Luckily a lad with a water spray container had enough left to wash the worst off.

The event is Sports cars in the park and BMW car club will have their own area I believe so non members may not be allowed to park with the club. I think we would need 10+ forum members to attend and get our own space so I may go with the car club instead.

Comment

I’ve just checked with Nick Thomas and he’s confirmed that the BMW plot is open to BMWCC members & non-members. He’s working with organisers to get any BMW to get put through to the large BMW plot, so bring the Z3 MC banner along so we can have our own area.👍
              I’ll be seeing Nick on Sunday to discuss.
              Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I’ve just checked with Nick Thomas and he’s confirmed that the BMW plot is open to BMWCC members & non-members. He’s working with organisers to get any BMW to get put through to the large BMW plot, so bring the Z3 MC banner along so we can have our own area.��
                I’ll be seeing Nick on Sunday to discuss.

That's great, keep us updated .

Comment

I understand that Vanity is off this year. Myself and Newman are planning to do a meet at Caffeine and Machine, date TBC

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                    I understand that Vanity is off this year. Myself and Newman are planning to do a meet at Caffeine and Machine, date TBC

add the details when you have a date.

Comment

Just read that there will be no BWM Car Club festival at Gaydon (or that's how I read it) but instead they are concentrating on Silverstone Classic. What a real shame as this was one of the best BMW shows to attend and also at a great location.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                        Just read that there will be no BWM Car Club festival at Gaydon (or that's how I read it) but instead they are concentrating on Silverstone Classic. What a real shame as this was one of the best BMW shows to attend and also at a great location.
                        That’s right Dave - quoted from the email I received today:

“National Festival Announcement
                        Silverstone Classic to be main event in 2020
                        Last edited by Dave P; 14-02-2020, 10:02 PM.
                        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Removed email as I have had complaints in the past from the BMW car club when emails have been copied onto the forum.

Really disappointing that this event isn't taking place this year and surprised another venue couldn't have been found as Silverstone is a completely different venue and nothing like the arrangement they had at Gaydon. Oh well moan over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                            Removed email as I have had complaints in the past from the BMW car club when emails have been copied onto the forum.
                            Fair enough Dave, didn’t realise.

Surprised that they’ve cancelled without a replacement sorted. Only thing I thought was missing from the event was an array of traders. Most enthusiasts love wandering around auto jumble and stalls selling anything car related. At the NEC Classic I spend as much time on the stalls as I do looking at the cars!
                            1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                              Fair enough Dave, didn’t realise.

Surprised that they’ve cancelled without a replacement sorted. Only thing I thought was missing from the event was an array of traders. Most enthusiasts love wandering around auto jumble and stalls selling anything car related. At the NEC Classic I spend as much time on the stalls as I do looking at the cars!

Agreed I am also surprised they didn't have a plan b with something as important as the National festival, I really enjoyed the show every year I went. I imagine there will be a few shocked people when they see how much it costs for a ticket to Silverstone classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X