No announcement yet.

**** MCoupe Trackday **** updated 11-5-05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broccers, Donington great for me. Also, should be not too far for most other people around the country, if they are really interested.
    Therefore, NOW, get a provisional date from Bookatrack and prepare to be underwhelmed by the response (please, please, please prove me wrong).
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

How about Fri 24 June ? Johnny (owner of bat) says we can choose from the calendar.

If you and Ben can do this date then thats only 7 more needed - any takers ?

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pB?568

Comment

Si

Just seen the update - count me in mate

Presumably we're not gonna get Donnington to ourselves - are we opening it up to non MC friends etc. :?:
        PhilT.

2002 S54
        Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

Cheers Phil.

We just need 10 for the discount - that can be anyone as long as we all pay together - the z3mcoupe account is just for that use.

Comment

How much we looking at cost wise? If we can't get enough people from here I might be able to get a couple of non MC's
            PhilT.

2002 S54
            Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

List price minus ten per cent.

Comment

Damn!! Friday 24th June, we've got Goodwood, Festival Of Speed booked... :evil:

Otherwise would DEFINITELY be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe Girl
                  Damn!! Friday 24th June, we've got Goodwood, Festival Of Speed booked... :evil:

Otherwise would DEFINITELY be there.
                  We can change the date no probs 8)

Im away on business this week and then on hols so its up to you lot if you want this organising or not.

Simon.

Comment

How about going along to see how well they are run or just BOOK IT !!!!!!!
                    At least we will be in good company and possible to plag a ride.

Croft BDD
                    Monday, 25th July 2005

Please note the revised date.
                    back to the news page

This is the tenth aniversary of the first BMW Car Club Better Driving Day at Croft Circuit in Yorkshire.

25th July 2005 is a special day for Nick Wright, who is the man who does all the work, the North East Region and the club as a whole. We wish to celebrate the aniversary in a big way.

Anyone who has any good ideas as to how we should go about it is asked to contact myself or Nick and tell us about it.

It is a long time since Nick booked the circuit using his own cash and then contacted tha lads and said 'Please come and help me get my money back'. He always had a silver tongue, as I found out when he persuaded me to become chairman of the region.

They came, and he did. Since then, the support has been there every year, with just the occasional drop in numbers.

Prices for this year are to be announced yet, but are believed to be between £130 and £150 depending on numbers. The more who come, the cheaper it will be. So get your diaries out now and mark the day. Better still, contact Nick and order your place. Do it now!

Howard Walker
                    Chairman
                    North East Region

I can understand peoples concerns these cars are expensive but they were built to be driven,
                    i attened many track days most are well run and instruction sometimes free.

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan
                      be underwhelmed by the response (please, please, please prove me wrong).
                      :roll:

Comment

...or Saturdays, big airfield, only £100, central-ish.....http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/bruntingthorpe.htm

I'm probably gonna do one of these anyway, so may even see some of you there if you decide to come as well (can't see that there will be enough to organise a big "meet").
                        Imola S54

Comment

Saturday 18 June, Full circuit, Open Pitlane, £110

sounds good!!!!
                          ill do them both for that price!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilT
                            This response is pretty disappointing, and surprising to be honest - just out of interest is there anyone who hasn't responded who is prepared to let us know why - whats stopping people :?:

If we can find out whats turning people off maybe we can get it sorted
                            Last year ZZZEMMCO and I organised 3 different meetings in the Cotswolds. These meets are FREE and the maximum attendance was 9 MCs. This year ZZZEMMCO, Steve and I organised a Welsh Weekend meeting which was attended by 6 MCs, again, this was FREE (other than over-night accommodation)

Most people who have attended one of these 4 meets has attended at least 2 of them, which, to my mind, tells me that most participants who have experienced one of our meets KNOWS that they are unlike anything else that they have ever attended with other motoring groups and are willing to come back for MORE of the same :!: Our meets are certainly NOT conoys designed to turn the head of Joe Public. They are discrete driving experiences to savour.

So, yesterday, Steve and I were discussing the reason why more people don't come to our meets, and we just couldn't come up with the answer. Not wishing to be immodest ops:, but as any one who has ever attended one of our meets will tell you, they are planned like military operations, run like clockwork and the routes we use are just the BEST public roads for the MC in the UK. Our meets are NON-COMPETITIVE and there is absolutely no pressure on anyone to drive beyond their limits. The less experienced drivers will gain great experience by driving on public roads in company with guys such as ZZZEMMCO and Steve (2 of the best amateur drivers you will ever come across) and we all meet and learn from each other. The less experienced performance car owners will soon learn the way to "read a road", the right braking points and lines to take around corners etc. by driving with such skillful drivers which in turn will improve your overall driving ability and help you get as much enjoyment as possible from your P&J.

Alternatively, do others think that they are TOO good a driver to be bothered with such meets and that the only real test of self and car is at a track?

Personally, I have enjoyed my MC ownership far more by being involved in the meets we have had, and I have had the additional pleasure of making friendships with and driving many recces with ZZZEMMCO and Steve in preparation for the meets and I look forward to MANY more shared driving experiences with them and others.

The reason why I have not expressed an interest in a track day is not that I think I am too good to participate or that I wouldn't learn anything from the experience. Instead it's because I already have permanent access to a huge network of brilliant and relatively quiet twisties from my front door to get to anywhere and I know where to go to have fun for free.

Now, why don't more of you guys come to our meets :?:
                            /// Exdos ///
                            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos
                              The reason why I have not expressed an interest in a track day is not that I think I am too good to participate or that I wouldn't learn anything from the experience. Instead it's because I already have permanent access to a huge network of brilliant and relatively quiet twisties from my front door to get to anywhere and I know where to go to have fun for free.

Now, why don't more of you guys come to our meets :?:
                              i agree and cant wait! i have a few roads probably about 15/20 miles, but still are not as good as the roads around johns!

its like a giant go kart track!!!

i have only done donny, but i know just from talking to john that the next one will be great!

come on guys and girl!

Comment

Originally posted by bentarrant2001

i agree and cant wait! i have a few roads probably about 15/20 miles, but still are not as good as the roads around johns!

its like a giant go kart track!!!

i have only done donny, but i know just from talking to john that the next one will be great!

come on guys and girl!
                                Ben,

At our Welsh weekend we had a 2 day route of more than 320 miles of roads of that calibre and BETTER :!: ( just trust me :!: )

We're going to have a full re-run of the entire Welsh weekend route in September, we're just trying to fix the date amongst the previous participants, before we ask for a few more to join us.
                                /// Exdos ///
                                "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Working...
                                X