Largest gathering of MCoupe's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c_w View Post
    Yea, either that or another trackday there which would be a better social event as it'd be difficult to know or control where we parked at a GP. I think there were 10+ Coupes on track at that one in 2007?, not quite 60 but far more interesting driving them on track than parking up
    You are right - more interesting. Maybe we could do that. I was thinking of maximisation of the numbers.

Have they reconfigured the track yet?
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Donington September 7th...

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8237

?

It would be great to do a track day with a decent MC turn-out, but if we just want sheer numbers I think we need something other than a track day. Lots of people simply won't track their cars.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pdwarren View Post
        Donington September 7th...

. Lots of people simply won't track their cars.

Paul
        Agree, I love my MC too much and I'm not experienced any where near enough. Would love to be a passenger with someone who is though, see if I can learn something

Comment

It would be awesome to be saturated with M Coupe beauty.
          .... still waiting for someone to bite the bullet and organise. hee hee
          Hertfordshire, Estoril, 2000 W, Gruppe M Induction, Xenon Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            Agree, I love my MC too much and I'm not experienced any where near enough. Would love to be a passenger with someone who is though, see if I can learn something
            'Free instruction and demonstration drives' at that trackday on September 7th. Should suit you sir.
            Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

I think that day on the 7th might be a good one to go for, as its a BMW club day it'll bequiet and the regular donington "own" trackdays are pretty busy and sessions which is nowhere near as good as open pitlane.

Comment

I would track mine, but haven't. TBH, to get a big turnout (I'm thinking 50, not 10) I think it would need to be at a weekend, relatively central (Silverstone, Donnington, Mallory etc.) and have a "hook". The Big Fish car that's being rebuilt - what's the first planned outing? Or would one of the magazines cover it if we got past a certain number? Or even 5th gear (modern classic?) with a competition to give one away at the end - it's the right kind of value for that now ...

Jez
                1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

Gaydon bmw car show? Midlands and would be good to see 50+ coupes belting round the aston martin test track!
                  Last edited by chippy; 17-06-2009, 11:20 AM.
                  Black S50

Comment

This sounds like a really good idea, if its been done before no reason why it cant be achieved with similar numbers now.
                    In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.

Comment

id be up for this but would have to be a weekend as i work away all week

donnington sounds good or maybe rockingham?

gaydons a good place but not really central

is there not a bmw car show at donnington later in the year im sure ive read it some where
                      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

THE New ZMC Fest!!! Silverstone 2010

The last ZMC gathering was at Donington and I think 73 cars supported their Racing cousins.The dust bowel we were given and location were Not what one would have wanted.

The lead time in organising a UK National event takes time-----AND much work by the people who want success for those that take part.

I have been involved with the BMW Car Club from 1976-- and since 2007 the club have organised a presentation of models at the Silverstone Classic Car event in July.A 3 day meeting with 60,000 people visiting over 3 days, and watching the 800 classic Racing cars with pre war classic cars -956/962 porsche / BMW +++++++ Music groups into the night!! its a Great CarFest for petrolheads--BUT!!!!! it takes TIME to organise-

Forget!!! 09--if enough of YOU real ZMC fans have got the interest to take part in July 2010 we can do the BiZzzz.

This year 24/26 July we have an "M"/Alpina theme + competition cars- so visit the "Stone" and decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        safetyfast

Comment

Interesting - is that the classic thing at Silverstone next month? I am meant to be going with the Maserati club.

Yes it seems it is.

Do you have to be a member of the BMW club to get an invite / parking John?

Comment

Weekend 24-26 JULY Classic Silverstone Event

No you dont have to be a club member to attend your first event, and benefit from the reduced entry fee---BUT thats a one off!!.We are allocated space on tickets sold to Club members--so 150 people say they will be attending--- and 63 people buy tickets on a BOGOF basis, so we get 63 spaces.

50+ clubs take part as well as 800+ classic racers including F1 cars from the 60,s upto 2000, and public attendance in 09 is estimated at 80 K +, with free access to all areas to watch the Real Biz of the teams.
                            Porsche club had 400+ members cars in 08, with some stunning race cars on display.Every type of interest is catered for from Auctions to everything in the petrol world and some!!!Music starts when the racing stops onto the early hours---Maybe a Goodwood fest----------at giveaway price.

In 2007 the BMW Car Club won the best display in show--maybe in 2010 the ZMC forum members could again show how real enthuiasts can do the Bizz.
                            safetyfast

Comment

Steve 1 and I participated on the BMW stand in 2007 by putting our cars on the display on the Saturday. It was good to give the BMWCC support.

The day out itself was absolutely SUPERB! Just so many interesting cars to see with some terrific racing going on throughout the day in the middle of summer.

Please put me down to support the event in 2010!
                              /// Exdos ///
                              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
                                Steve 1 and I participated on the BMW stand in 2007 by putting our cars on the display on the Saturday. It was good to give the BMWCC support.

The day out itself was absolutely SUPERB! Just so many interesting cars to see with some terrific racing going on throughout the day in the middle of summer.

Please put me down to support the event in 2010!
                                Where've you bin!!?

Comment

Working...
                                X