Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Z3m coupe?

I have narrowed my search down to two:
    S54 silver/red with 114k miles, FBMWSH, loads of recent work inc brakes, suspension, diff mounts, ARP bolts, new shell bearings, strengthened boot floor etc. Etc.. Exc condition throughout
    Or
    s50 Estoril/blue/black 65k miles, 1 owner, FBMWSH, no major works, immaculate

Both totally original
    Same price on both

Intend driving whenever it’s dry!! - around 5k per annum and keeping forever

Dilemma!!!

So this is where you're going to get S54 owners saying 'S54' and S50 owners saying 'S50'

Drive them both and see which you prefer

In my opinion, it's win/win anyway (but S50 )

Welcome to the forum!
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Agree with Tony drive them both and see which one you prefer, don't go with a pre-conceived idea of which one to buy. When I bought my first Z3 M Coupe back in 2004 I ended up looking at 4 x M Coupes and 1 x M Roadster all S50 models as S54s were too expensive. I travelled as far Edinburgh and London plus Midlands before deciding on London car (private sale), all the others were at dealers including an Main Dealer in Edinburgh.

Good luck with your search.
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Ended up going for a different S50 in Estoril with 76k on the clock but in concourse condition with every imaginable bit of work carried out on it to the point where it looks and feels like a new car! Not sure if I’ve paid over the odds for it at £29k but I don’t think there is a finer example ATM. Still expecting them to slowly increase in value over the years but whatever, still very pleased with my purchase!
          Just need to know whether I should carry out any mods on it? At the very least would like to put some nice chrome or carbon exhaust tips to make it look even more special than it already does. Does anyone therefore know where I can get some quality chrome exhaust tips from and are they the same as for the E36 M3?
          Last edited by brin1960; 25-05-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Congratulations
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Congratulations, I cant recall seeing any tips available for the MC's tailpipes

Comment

Congratulations on the purchase.
                The existing tailpipes are stainless and come up well with a good bit of polishing with Autosol, steel wool and stripes of emery cloth using the cloth side not the abrasive side. I’m sure some of the accessory suppliers will do some sort of tips of the sort you are after, but I bet they won’t be cheap.
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Thanks all for the advice! Better get polishing then!

Comment

Working...
                  X