Continental Phoenix Gelb Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continental Phoenix Gelb Coupe

Hi, just a small introduction. I’m Niels a 44 yr old Dutchy and owner of a Phoenix Gelb Coupe for over 8 years now. It’s a march 2001 S54 with Schrick camshafts, 19” BBS CH wheels staggered, KW V2 coil overs and scorpion exhaust.

It is quite an early car, the 27th made and was new delivered in Germany. It was sold to the first Dutch owner in 2005 when it just had become a new engine due to a bearing failure. The first Dutch owner was Rene also known as GTRene on several car forums and maybe known from his Hartge Z3 Coupe 5.0V8 which was sold to Belgium I believe.

So in 2011 I got the opportunity to buy the car so I went for it despite just having a new born an therefore no time. After three years and 7000km I decided to store the car for a year since we had quite some plans for our house. That year ended up in a few years, you know how that works....

In 2018 I decided to “resurrect” the car and since I still didn’t have the time it was done by a couple of “new guys on the block”. Here are some pics: http://theengineersgarage.com/2018/02/10/z3mcoupe/

A year later I have some plans for suspension, brakes, bodywork and some details here and there. So in a few weeks it needs to be in my garage which is still full of other stuff so there’s still plenty of work to do.

For the brakes I bought new stuff from ATE for front and back, the bodywork consists of a bonnet which is not adjusted right and I think it is not straight due to an older damage and for the suspension I’m thinking of replacing the KW V2 coil overs for a Bilstein B12 set (B8 with Eibach) but I’m not sure if I want to keep it on the original (but painted) styling 40 wheels which are mounted at the moment.

Welcome Niel
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
      X