No announcement yet.

Silver S50 life on the street.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after 2 weeks I now have a shiny new rear screen.

Still need to sort some of the trim out and shove a hoover in the nooks and crannies to get rid of the last smashed pieces.

Unfortunately lost my main key so need a new one. Oh well.

Comment

Good thread. Out of interest did you go for Kuhmo's in the end and if so, how do you find them?
      S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Got them but not on yet. Currently they're sat covered in binbags in the corner of the guestroom. Waiting for march really.

Comment

Hi mate,

I loved the Ku36's they were decently quiet and held very nicely in the dry the wet/cold wasn't very fun on the way to work
          http://www.blackcircles.com
          Last edited by boostina3; 09-11-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

My old car?

hi mate,i think that may be my old car,mine had a new engine replaced by bmw,is it a cat D?

Comment

Originally posted by damien View Post
              hi mate,i think that may be my old car,mine had a new engine replaced by bmw,is it a cat D?
              Hi! I think it could be. I bought it off paulwirral at the beginning of the year. Looks like it had a prang on the drivers side as it's silver on one rail under the bonnet rather than the satin grey colour. Hoping to get some bits like stone chips on the sill ends and bumper cleaned up this winter, along with getting some adjusters on the rear subframe.

When did you have it?

Comment

I bought it off a dealer in droitwhich , I'm guessing the previous owner to me was female with long ginger - red hair who owned a similarly coloured short haired dog , judging by the amount of the hair left inside when I got it , not to mention a distinct odour !
                It could be true what they say about red heads

Comment

Originally posted by paulwirral View Post
                  It could be true what they say about red heads

What's that?!?!
                  2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

It may be a north east saying , or even restricted to Durham area , I'll show a little discretion for the moment so not to upset anyone with a red headed partner .

Comment

Originally posted by damien View Post
                      hi mate,i think that may be my old car
                      Had a look last night and sure enough M8 MWY was one of the many, many plates the car has had over it's life. Got any pics of your time with it?

Comment

Originally posted by paulwirral View Post
                        It may be a north east saying , or even restricted to Durham area , I'll show a little discretion for the moment so not to upset anyone with a red headed partner .
                        PM me!
                        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Oh no all my pictures have vanished!

Comment

Photos are now back.

Comment

Just been thinking. I've had this over a year now. Well it's now sporting 115k to my shame. That's 50k on the engine 47k on the box about 5k on the suspension and yet, even as Triggers broom, in my ownership I've done pretty much bugger all to it apart from an inspection 2 and a clean.

However another deep clean and respray is about to start! I've found a couple of guys courtesy of tower porsche that are bmw boys and they have the challenge of making it mint and ready for Le Mans. Expect panels off! Rust repair! (though i expected it to be minging the sill panels have done their job of being sacrificial after a quick dalliance with a socket set) Dodgy Eastenders style garage backdrops. And no doubt drama when the paint reacts with a cuckoos fart as all hippy friendly paint does now.

Comment

These journals are all fabulous.... wish I had more time to read each one.

Does remind me of the care and attention there cars need. The markets rising will only help to improve them too.

Comment

Working...
                                X