Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > For Sale or Wanted
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2018, 12:33 PM

Yeah, could be risky going into an auction with another M Coupe, but I thought maybe a few more people may turn up if they have more than 1 option to look at.

The other one has apparently been quite hard to shift as it was either exported and re-imported or is a straight Japanese import (auction guy couldn't remember the exact detail) and has a patchy service history.

Giving myself away but the reserves are at the mid of the estimate, not the bottom...
Old 10-07-2018, 03:17 PM

Now that the car's showing as sold I'll toss in my tuppence worth (hopefully without too much berating).
The hammer price was £16,500. Buyer's fees of 10% +VAT means the buyer paid £18,480 which I would say is a good buy for an HPI Clear car and cheap entry into MC ownership for someone (if it wasn't a dealer), albeit a bit of a project (based on the pictures shown on ebay).
The seller's fees are also 10%+VAT, so the seller netted £14,520. That's nearly £13k less than, and just over half of, their original offer to forum members of £27,500!!! And £8k less than the revised offer of £22,500 (which was oddly £5k more than it could've been bought for on eBay?!?).
I understand that people want as much as possible for their car, but I can't help thinking that the seller has waited almost two months for a poor result when they would've likely had genuine interest from the forum if they'd just been straight from the off. Even the seller's last post stating "Giving myself away but the reserves are at the mid of the estimate, not the bottom..." seems to me to be another disingenuous attempt to entice an offer from the forum at more than they'd be prepared to (and ultimately did) accept. Oh and reserves are generally the lower of the estimated range given.
A slightly pessimistic post perhaps (for which I apologise) but I guess the roll of the dice at auction hasn't paid off.
On the plus side, hopefully a new private owner has just bought into a great model and may be on here shortly....
Old 10-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Another bargain for someone at an auction no doubt another dealer but lets hope its gone to a private buyer
Old 10-07-2018, 06:08 PM

Bargain and auctions are gambles as the next coupe for sale at auction will likely achieve a higher price as people will want a bargain and keep bidding.

Seen it happen many a time on other ‘rare’ cars as people see one of two bargains and try and engineer the same.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:21 PM

It will no doubt be a dealer who will have it up at an unachievable price tag.
Current: Estoril S50 Mc
Old 12-07-2018, 05:11 AM

Seems like a shame that the seller would have received less than £15k as the eBay auction went for a few £k more.

Is it possible to include reserve prices in these auctions ?

Thx
Old 12-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post
Seems like a shame that the seller would have received less than £15k as the eBay auction went for a few £k more.

Is it possible to include reserve prices in these auctions ?

Thx
Yes, you can set a reserve but if the final bid reaches near the reserve the auctioneer will "provisionally sell" the car and phone up the seller to see if they want to take the highest offer or just not sell.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to Seca Blue

Seemed like a lot of stuff went cheap or didn’t sell at all(including the other MC). Don’t think the MC price reflects true value at all tbh.

Tags
auction, new listing silver