stone chip repair system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stone chip repair system

has anyone tried "chipex" stone chip repair system?

http://www.chipex.co.uk/

I have ordered a kit and will post details when I give it a go!

Comment

Had a look at the website, before and after pics look encouraging.

Will be interested to see your comments after you've tried it out...good work Dave, again!

Comment

hopefully if the kit arrives on friday I can have a try over the weekend, just need to wash the car without using a hose pipe because the north west has a hose pipe ban!!!
        Last edited by Dave P; 28-07-2010, 09:22 PM.

Comment

just ignore it
          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

kit arrived today, so will have a go on sunday

Comment

had a quick go at some of the stone chips on my bonnet with the chipex kit, the colour match of the estoril paint was good and the kit easy to use, some of the smaller chips have been fixed but the larger ones are still noticeable but slightly improved. the kit give much better results than the BMW paint stick.

kit includes bottle of paint (1) a blender (2) and coloured polish (3) also gloves and clothes.

close up of some small chips

after treatment, picture is further away but chips are nearly invisible

Comment

Looks good, i might give it ago
                - Dakar Yellow S50

Comment

new website and discount offers,

http://www.chipex.co.uk/?utm_source=...m_medium=email

Comment

got a rock chip today on the bonnet.

Ordering kit now

Comment

Very good kit for the money and nearly impossible to see where the chips were.
                      Best kit I have used to date

Last edited by boostina3; 25-01-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

they now do a smaller cheaper kit for £26.95 which should still do plenty of small chips as the original kit came with loads of paint which you would struggle to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                          they now do a smaller cheaper kit for £26.95 which should still do plenty of small chips as the original kit came with loads of paint which you would struggle to use.
                          How hard is this to use Dave? The front of the bonnet around the BMW badge and grill looks a bit like a speckled hen.....can a complete layman use and succeed in your view (estoril colour as well)???

Comment

Originally posted by Bruski_11 View Post
                            How hard is this to use Dave? The front of the bonnet around the BMW badge and grill looks a bit like a speckled hen.....can a complete layman use and succeed in your view (estoril colour as well)???
                            I found it easy to use and it does come with good instructions which are easy to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                              I found it easy to use and it does come with good instructions which are easy to follow.
                              very easy to use and their video online was also helpful

Comment

Working...
                              X