Mercedes cl500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes cl500

No accounting for taste, my wife isn't a fan of the coupe, but she fancies one of the older merc cl500s. You can get what appears to be an awful lot of car for very little money. Remembering these were 80k+ when our coupes were 50.

Anyone had one of these and what are the comments? I hear the air suspension pumps are to be watched. Anything else?

The responses I got when querying the wisdom of buying a jcw cooper s were good. The silence about the idea of a cl500 is worrying. Nobody ever have one or just to shocked to comment??????

Comment

I think they still look really smart, big and imposing, but potentially big bills.

This shape?

Comment

Originally posted by langlands View Post
        The responses I got when querying the wisdom of buying a jcw cooper s were good. The silence about the idea of a cl500 is worrying. Nobody ever have one or just to shocked to comment??????
        I think it’s a lot of car for the money and would be a good buy. Possibly big bills if you do a lot of miles in it, but occasional use shouldn’t bring many issues. Saw one today and thought of this post, maybe not to everyone’s taste but then these type of cars generally make a good purchase. Interested to see what you buy, assuming you will buy.
        S54 M Coupe
        D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          I think they still look really smart, big and imposing, but potentially big bills.

This shape?

Yes,that shape exactly. You can get a good amg one for around 6k

Have to admit it is getting more tempting.

Comment

Well. Took the plunge and bought one. It's a 2003 cl500 with amg additions like wheels and spoilers etc. Only done 56k miles and looks pretty damned good.

Had it a week now and although bought for my wife I have suspicions I may just borrow it occasionally totally different drive to the z3mc. It may be a 300+bhp coupe,but it is from a different planet. If I want to travel 500 miles and feel absolutely fresh at the end it's the merc that will be used if I want a spirited drive and fun it will be the z3

Downsides so far. It makes the z3 seem economic on fuel

Bottom line is that it's a bell of a lot of car for beer money. What other 80k car can you get for under 5??? Looks so good and has probably reached bottom of depreciation curve.

One day I must think about selling something. Cars are addictive and my drive is filling up.

Comment

Make sure you bring it to one of the TT meets soon Robert. A whole lot of car for the money

Comment

Nice one! Sure you’ll have lots of enjoyment driving it.
                S54 M Coupe
                D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Hope you are ready open your wallet!

Comment

Working...
                  X