Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostic software

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying myself some diagnostic software and hook up for my '99 S50 MC for Christmas.
    It doesn't have an OBD port, my current software (Delphi) is very limited through an OBD/20 pin converter.
    My current understanding is that I will need INPA software through an ADS serial interface to get full access to all systems.
    I do have an old netbook with Win XP on it complete with serial port, so thats my starting point I guess.
    Does anyone know where I can obtain a setup at a reasonable price?
    Found this on Ebay :- eBay item number:273435469976
    Looks good but I have asked if it is in English as well as German!!

Howard

I have just bought a diagnostic kit from;

cable-shack.co.uk

The kit comes highly recommended from the e39 forum. Apparently the after sales is great. Some people who had problems programming their cars software have mentioned the owner of the site has actually logged into their laptop and controlled it himself. And then he can program any modules etc for you, from his house! All part of the service.

I emailed the site saying I have an e39 and an Z3M Coupe S50. He told me I need to order the K-Line Diagnostic kit for the M Coupe. £34.99

Like I said I have only just got it, so I can't give any personal reviews yet.
    2000 Z3M coupe, Titansilber Silver with Kyalami/Black seats
    2001 e39 540i, Topaz Blue
    1971 2002tii, Bristol Grey

Previous

2013 M135i

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post
      I have just bought a diagnostic kit from;

cable-shack.co.uk

The kit comes highly recommended from the e39 forum. Apparently the after sales is great. Some people who had problems programming their cars software have mentioned the owner of the site has actually logged into their laptop and controlled it himself. And then he can program any modules etc for you, from his house! All part of the service.

I emailed the site saying I have an e39 and an Z3M Coupe S50. He told me I need to order the K-Line Diagnostic kit for the M Coupe. £34.99

Like I said I have only just got it, so I can't give any personal reviews yet.

Let us know how you get on with it

https://www.cable-shack.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        Website looks interesting, please let me know what software you get with the cable & if it can access all modules.

Howard

Comment

Working...
        X