Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water water everywhere...

Including in my M Coupe....

Let me be the first to report a flood...

In addition to being stuck on an A road with the engine off for 3hrs yesterday (10 minutes from home...) while the police dismantled the central reservation to get people away from a flooded (like, waist-deep...) roundabout, I later had the misfortune to drive through a small lake disguised as a puddle....

Result being a small but significant pool in my passenger-side foot well. Not entirely sure how it got in, but I can't say it surprises me. So now waiting for the bloody rain to stop so that I can get it properly dried out. One word - bugger........

And all for a trip to B&Q.....

Anyone want to regale me with their own tale of water damage to improve my mood?

Flood Conditions

Dr. N --So sorry to hear of your misfortunes on your B&Q visit-- hope ALL things dry out without probs---WAS it the best reason to go out knowing that the Flood warnings were given for your area--????
    safetyfast

Comment

Ha, yeah, hindsight and all that! :-) Actually most of the roads were fine and there was plenty of traffic out - it wasn't even raining at the time... I just had the misfortune to pick a motorway slip road with a lake on it and couldn't really stop! All seems to be going well now with the drying out anyway.

Comment

Dr N, I also conked out on grandstand road by the town moor or grandstand lake as I sure it will now be called and had to be towed 2 minutes from home.

Car still won't start. I am ringing John at Prestige in the morning to get it towed and fixed. I think the starter motor has went!!!!!!!.

In addtion My house has 3 inches of water in my kitchen, I back onto the town moor and the lake decend into my house joy of joys.

Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Also have Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Mk IV UK Car

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

Sounds like you had a weekend alright... My sympathies! I didn't realise that side of town was so bad. The A189 was my undoing... Sorry to hear your gaff caught it too.

Hope the MC makes a speedy recovery. My drying process is complete, although I've lost about 25% of my body weight in fluid from driving around for hours with the heaters on full blast!!

Comment

Prestige towed the car away this morning, John is going to ring me later and let me know the damage.

Lovely and sunny now in Newcastle, bloody summer, I think i am moving to dubai to get away from the rain.
            Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

Originally posted by markolambo View Post
              Prestige towed the car away this morning, John is going to ring me later and let me know the damage.

Lovely and sunny now in Newcastle, bloody summer, I think i am moving to dubai to get away from the rain.
              Good luck with the drying out. Having lived through a flood from the flat above I have genuine sympathy (and I know that what you'll be going through is much worse).

Jez
              1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

New Starter motor needed, Prestige will have this done by tommorrow night, bit by bit each part of car is getting replaced. Only the body work to go ( hopefully never other than paint.
                Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Comment

Have you got the MC sorted yet? Hopefully there were no complications.....

Comment

Working...
                  X