A Few ???? Before Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few ???? Before Service

Ok lads gettin my car serviced on Tuesday and just want to get a bit of info so i dont get raped by BMW!!!!

1.. Have ordered new bolts and filters for the vanos, anything else to be done with it???

2. There is a rattle in which sounds like the top of the engine whenever i start the car (when its hot or cold), What could this be, it just sounds like something plastic or something???

3. The passenger seat wont go up and down but will move up and back, is there a whole new motor needed??

4. Need a new windscreen, is the Z3 one the same as the MC???

Think thats it, Cheers.... Tom
    What av ass

1. Don't think so

2. Not sure, if it's only when it's started it could be some trim that is loose; check the exhasut heat shield, plastic fan surrounds?

3. Its common for the motors to stick at max height. Remove the seat and you can manual turn the rod in the motor to free it off

4. Windscreen is the same but apparently the rubber is different.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post

4. Windscreen is the same but apparently the rubber is different.
      Yeah, like Chris says, the rubber trim is different and have heard quite a few stories of roadster gaskets being used on Coupe windscreens and it all going wrong down the track, so make sure they get the right one (probably best to look it up yourself and check the part number they use).
      2000 Dakar MC
      1999 Cosmos Z3 2.8
      2004 545i Sport

Comment

How are your brake pads and discs? If they are worn just change then yourself rather than letting the dealer.
        Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
        In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Guaranteed they will mention pads and disks.....check and do em yorself....rubber round windscreen is different.......there is a mod to do on your seat if your taking out..the seatbelt tensioner lamp often comes on (airbag light)..when adjusting....worth doing while your in the area !

Comment

Working...
          X