Reluctant sale of "V3RY M"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reluctant sale of "V3RY M"

As per the title it is with regret that the car that owns this very well known plate is once more up for grabs, I'm not going to go into why, but suffice to say it's a very hard decision for me to make.
    Most of you will know all about the car, and the various mods etc that have been done to it whilst it was in my ownership the first time around, but what you might not know about is the work that was done during the time that steveH owned it.
    He bought it from me, in what I thought was pretty good condition, but seeing as he is well into concours, it had to be perfect, and that means like showroom condition.
    So I think basically he had any inperfections taken out of the entire bodywork, so as not to leave a single mark/chip etc etc, then he set about replacing any trim that was showing signs of wear or tear, this even included nuts and bolts, even down to replacing both headlight units.
    The car already had various A/C Schnitzer parts fitted, front flippers/rear wing, but he added the gear-knob/handbrake/pedal set and door mirrors.
    The car is very well known in the bmw circle, and has won many prizes and indeed is featured in several magazine articles, but it is by no means what some call, a "garage queen", the idea of all the mods being fitted to the car was so as it could be driven and enjoyed for the purpose it was built for, but this stopped short of being tracked, so basically fast road use, ( and I'm sure a few on here will tell you how good it was/is ).

Spec. as follows: 2002 S54 Z3MCoupe in phoenix yellow/black interior.
    32,500 miles,
    Fully documented service history,
    All factory options, including sunroof,
    KWV3 suspension
    H&R ARB's with whiteline drop links
    18" BBS LM's with toyo tyres
    Porsche front calipers with CSL discs
    Scnitzer flippers/rear wing/door mirrors/gear-knob/handbrake/pedal set
    Hamman rear diffuser/exhaust/front strut brace

The car has also had the bearing shells replaced purely as a precaution, the car was going to be kept and I didn't want the major expense of an engine re-build.
    So the car wants for nothing, has had all the mods done that require doing to take the car from a good car to an awesome car.
    I also have a folder full of documentation showing everything that's ever been done to it, believe me it will take you a couple of hours to read it all.
    The plate will not be sold with the car, but is available seperately, ( but the car purchaser has first refusal ).
    Price: This is of course always the stumbling block, and there has been a lot of discussion on here about cars being overpriced, but having had a look around at what's available at what spec/mileage etc. and at what price then I have no problem in putting a price tag of
    £20,995 on the car.
    I know a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but if you were to buy a standard car and then start to mod. it to the standard of this one it will cost you considerably more at the finish.
    Thanx for looking, I will load some pics later on, but if you can't wait then just have a look on the bmwcar club site in the gallery.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by steve1; 05-01-2011, 09:43 AM.
    2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Sorry to read this

Comment

sorry to hear steve

but being the vulture that i am first dibs on the plate
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

by the way any one who hasnt seen the car steves description doesnt do it justice

its a minter and the bollox
        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
          by the way any one who hasnt seen the car steves description doesnt do it justice

i will confirm that! had a good look over at gaydon as was parked right next to it

also, the parts that steveH removed/replaced, i had the lot off him.

there werent even anything wrong with any of it, its all good second hand stuff, and he replaced all with BRAND NEW (things like oil filter housing, dipstick, headlights, steering wheel, gearknob, suspension, bonnet grills etc etc, the number of items is endless!!!)
          so i can imagine how fussy he was when it came to replacing things that have been done.

i reckon if compared to some original non modded cars with lower mileage, it would come out on top! due to having so many parts replaced with new

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post

Comment

Wow! Stunning

Comment

Neil's glass half full as usual

Absolutely stunning car, I saw this at Gaydon.
                If I remember rightly it won the Meguiars show and shine competition? Not bad out of the 60+ MC's there.

Very rare cars as it is but an example as good as this with low miles, the right mods (performance and cosmetic) and excellent history must surely make it demand a premium.

Like others have said, it's only worth what someone will pay for it but if there's any serious enthusiasts out there then I think this is a very good proposition.

Sad to see you having to sell it Steve but good luck, it is a belter

Comment

Its only a buyers market in the respect of someone needing to sell in contrast to a car that is for sale but in no hurry to complete a sale. There will always be cheaper cars out there whether they are better is a different matter.

Comment

And to add my 10p worth, how many low mileage 2002 cars are there out there now?

If someone wants one of the latest, lowest mileage cars in exceptional condition then they need to be prepared to pay that premium.
                    Last edited by Spooks; 17-11-2010, 11:18 AM.
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

And to add my 10p worth, how many low mileage 2002 cars are there out there now?

If someone wants one of the latest, lowest mileage cars in exceptional condition then they need to be prepared to pay that premium.
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post

And just to stoke the flames (and running precariously close to agreeing with Neil M...), I would guess that anyone in the market who is willing to pay a premium for one of the last low mileage S54s in a rare colour would also want it standard... Maybe I'm wrong, but that would be my assessment of the target demographic!

It's rare that modification of anything increases its value to collectors/enthusiasts and I find it hard to believe that cars are any different - at least in the sub-section of the community who are willing to pay over 20k for an MC.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong - having a 30k miler myself! (albeit the poor-man's S50...)

Looks like a lovely car - best of luck with the sale.

Comment

could always advertise the car with the option of back to standard if thats what the buyer wants, a lot of hassle but hopefully someone will buy it who appreciates the upgrades.
                          Last edited by Dave P; 17-11-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I do have to agree to a certain extent Dr. N but I dont think the MC is like an actual "classic" car in the same vein as say a E Type Jag where people want them as original as possible. Dont get me wrong it will, any maybe already is, a future classic but the kind of owners of ZMC's realise the original setup can be vastly improved!

Dave P has a good compromise which may make the most sense.

Comment

It's modified but most of the modifications enhance the car (BBS LMs, front Flippers etc) and are desirable for most owners - the rear diffuser is the only exception and I would definitely recommend removing that. It may be genuine ACS but it's not a good look IMO - rear diffusers are extremely difficult to pull off visually without looking a bit try-hard/stuck on.

Comment

Working...
                              X