Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read The Posts, Studied The Web, Need To Find A Car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read The Posts, Studied The Web, Need To Find A Car...

It's getting mighty close to actually parting with cash and finding a car...

My 'weapon of choice' as one poster puts it will indeed by a '54 car with as low a mileage as I can find.... A few for sale on the pistonheads site and a few on autotrader... but which one..

There's a great car for sale at http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/ but the price is a little steep to say the least...!!

This post isn't about anything really - just a 'hello' from someone who's about to take the plunge and buy something he's always wanted..!!

I'm selling a Volvo S60 and keeping a Triumph TR6 in the garage for some summer weather motoring although I realise it's going to feel Sloooowwww in comparison once driving a Z3M every day...

I'll report back when I've found a car and parted with some cash!

Any new buying advice or comments very welcome...

All the best

Geoff

Good luck on your hunt

You'll be glad you got one, I know I am, and i've only had it a week, already thinking i have made a mistake with my yearly mileage for the insurance company.

Advice wise , all I can say is -

Go for it :-)
    looking

Comment

How many did you look at when buying - did you uncover any nasties I should be aware of..? Any help welcome...

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Z3Yeehah
        How many did you look at when buying - did you uncover any nasties I should be aware of..? Any help welcome...

Geoff
        see as many as you can, find the most suitable car for you and then have it inspected dude!

be as sure as you can then pay £200 for a peace of mind inspection, unless you know someone who knows about the MC that is!

whats your budget?
        Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
        New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

As usual my budget has gone from £17k skywards....

I'll pay good money for a good car - lower mileage S54 minters in the right colours with lots of documentation and not too many mods.

For the most part I can work my way around a car and I know what I'm looking at but will still get the right car inspected before I part with my reddies..

Had a reasonable insurance quote so thats ok (although the wife wants adding in case I have to drive her car because "my new one hasn't got 4 seats"..!)

All I need to do is sell the Volvo and I won't be in a position to do that until mid December which is not a great time to try and sell a car so we'll have to see how that pans out... Might buy one anyway and run a Z3, Volvo, Zafira and a TR6 followed closely by bankruptcy, reposession, divorce and the kids disowning me...

Wish me luck...

Comment

you only live once so take the plunge, I promise the car will make you very happy.

Where are you based? It might serve you well to meet a forum owner and get a good look around a car so you are more familiar.

or visit Donington this Sunday and there will be 10+ of us

good luck!
            Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
            New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Z3Yeehah

Had a reasonable insurance quote so thats ok (although the wife wants adding in case I have to drive her car because "my new one hasn't got 4 seats"..!)
              It's not all bad.........I put the wife on as a named driver and the premium went down
              Black S50

Comment

yeah my mum has lowered it by £600!
                its only £1680 now!!

Comment

Originally posted by BEN
                  its only £1680 now!!
                  Ha Ha, mines now down to under £400 with all the mods declared

Old age has to have some perks 8)
                  Black S50

Comment

Originally posted by chippy
                    Originally posted by BEN
                    its only £1680 now!!

ill let you know when i get there!

i didnt think that was to bad 23 on the street, with a month ban and 3 points!

Comment

Originally posted by chippy

Chippy,

Who's that with? That's even cheaper than mine and I'm a veteran Is that for limited mileage and cover on track :?:
                      /// Exdos ///
                      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Hi John

It's with Adrian Flux.....limited mileage, protected no claims etc but no track day cover.

In last months EVO mag there was an artical about a company offering free trackday cover. :shock:

I rang them and for the same cover as i have with A Flux but with trackday cover the quoted a premium of £700. I didn't go with them in the end as the trackday cover is only for UK based tracks and (the decider for me) does NOT cover the Nurburgring :cry:

Tony
                        Black S50

Comment

Hi Tony,

:shock: I'm with Flux too. I live in a low crime area and the car is garaged and has a Tracker. The insurance is due for renewal in 2 months time so I'll have to try a bit more persuasion to get the premium down.
                          /// Exdos ///
                          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Well, if you will have one of those higher value S54's
                            Black S50

Comment

the S54 is a bit more to insure than the S50, but it does'nt seem to be down to price

Comment

Working...
                              X