Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More suspension overhaul planned.

New parts on order.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
      It's not as bad as it looks to be honest. Yeah it's a faff, but easy enough
      Had a quick look at the rear trim in the car, and not sure how the first piece of trim comes off, assume there are some removable pieces of plastic in the rear boot cover trim, rather that just popping it off from hidden clips?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
        Had a quick look at the rear trim in the car, and not sure how the first piece of trim comes off, assume there are some removable pieces of plastic in the rear boot cover trim, rather that just popping it off from hidden clips?

Guide here John,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3488

Comment

• cheers Dave.

Comment

• Boot trim removal

After reading the help guide, and finding all the hidden screws, I worked through the removal of the rear trim to get to the rear shock mounts.

Someone has been in here before, and this cover will need replacing...

Comment

• More evidence someone has been in here before...

Comment

• More broken bits sadly...

The floor now full of trim.

Shame someone else got to the soundproofing before I got to it..

And finally, we can see the top mounts. The replacements are stuck in customs and should arrive early this week.

Comment

• More parts on order.

Covering cap x10 51181823474
                  Dust protection collar x2 31331110196
                  Support x2 31332227342
                  Covering cap x2 31311139453

Comment

• Thanks to customs and Royal Mail being accurate on their estimations...

Very impressed with the quality, I liked the thought of powerflex, but like the ease of replacement for the future.

I have a job for Friday ;0) And can start to reassemble my rear end.

Comment

• More parts on order

Stop buffer
                      33 52 2 228 424 x 2

Protection cap
                      33 52 1 119 067 x 2

Plate
                      33 52 1 117 677 x 2

Bolt
                      07119900402 x 2

H&R Lowering Spring Set.

and 85 quids worth or rear interior trim, as a small piece of plastic cracked, and I need help

Comment

• Day off.

Started to rebuild the car. I can only do one side as the trim piece around the seat belt snapped into 4 pieces. It was so brittle sadly. The replacement piece is ordered from BMW and coming from Germany.

Shock out, not obviously knackered, but does not put up much of a fight in going up and down, and from the max extension, to when the damping effect takes over there is a bit too much travel for my liking, suggesting some of the fluid has reduced, or the values are getting weak, either way, new shocks ordered last night.

Area cleaned ready for new mount.

Top mount (mount) fitted, I used some tape, so that when fitting the shock and mount from the under side the mount wouldn't push off back into the car, which would be bad when its all assembled.

New mount on old shock for now. It is what it is.

in its new home. I must mention that tightening up the securing nuts from the inside of the wheel well is tricky, as the shock dust cover gets in the way, but well see if its much worse that pulling the trim to pieces, which now I know how it works, is not too bad to be fair, as I was advise by the forum

Starting the build up.

Last edited by Jonnysideways; 21-11-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• I added some fixing glue to stop the edge trim pinging off during installation.

Pending cover refit once the left side is completed.

Looking more civilized...

Comment

• More parts arrived

Thanks to Harry's - More parts arrived. Various bits and bobs for putting car back together, and for when I sort my shocks out, new rear sound proofing as my original one has seen better days and the rear side trim, bough just for the edge plastic...

Still to come, 2 x rear shocks and 4 x H&R Springs.

Comment

• And after Fedex, along came ParcelForce

More parts, so plenty to do on Saturday, as I look out the windows at the sunny day...

Comment

• As it wasn't raining.

I decided to get the rear shocks back on and rebuild the interior.

New B6's at home with the new ARB mounts and bushes.

Handily the BMW Allen key is the required size for the Bilstein shock top.

New plates, and although I have the new upside down bush mounts, as the trim wasn't all the way in, I just used the top mount from inside the car as it was easier as you have more access, plus it was dark outside and I have limited access to both sides of the car in one go when on my drive.

New Covers.

New Luggage cover mount covers fitted.

Building backup up centre trim.

New caps.

And back together.

New sound proofing.
                                Last edited by Jonnysideways; 26-11-2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X