X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax

Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax 473ml - Meguiar's
    www.meguiars.co.uk

With exciting, cutting-edge Si0 2 hybrid technology, you get hybrid ceramic protection that seals the paint, but is as easy to apply as an ordinary liquid wax.

I started using this, and I'm not a massive detailer, like quick wash and polish, and maybe a clay, but it works well to keep on top of things.

I've had car that was professionally ceramic coated, and to be fair this does near similar job of fraction of the price.

First application goes on after you washed and dried car, applied like a wax, then next applications you just spray onto the freshly rinsed body work, rinse off, and dry.

https://youtu.be/CEvf7vZhR64 For a quick walk around.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Nice flag

Comment

Cheers Jonny!

It’s amazing how the world of car detailing has evolved.

As you say, you can pay for a ceramic coat that will generate some amazing results but would set you back £300-400 I imagine - I had my RS3 ceramic coated and the water still sheets off when it rains and when you wash it and dirt is a breeze to remove with a simple snow foam and light wash.

However, for the Coupe, I since they respray, I have treated the paint to a similar product DIY and the results are very similar to your description but perhaps the longevity will be less but the bottle was 1/20th of the price of a ceramic coat.

Comment

Yes, I guess so. You get what you pay for, but in the detailing world, you can go mad to get such a slight difference in finish.

Like the 4K TVs, my Mrs can't tell difference from Std to HD so 4K is lost on her.
        2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

You can never go wrong with Meguiar's products.

Comment

Turtle wax have a similar spray that is highly rated. I've got some GTechnique stuff that I'm using at the moment which seems similar to these products.

Think that things like ppf can cause more trouble than worth especially as some take off paint, discolour and trap dirt. It's a massive industry with big mark up, but I think lower cost tech will make these expensive processes reduntant eventually.

Comment

I just picked up a bottle of it. I'm excited to use it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax 473ml - Meguiar's
                www.meguiars.co.uk

With exciting, cutting-edge Si0 2 hybrid technology, you get hybrid ceramic protection that seals the paint, but is as easy to apply as an ordinary liquid wax.

I started using this, and I'm not a massive detailer, like quick wash and polish, and maybe a clay, but it works well to keep on top of things.

I've had car that was professionally ceramic coated, and to be fair this does near similar job of fraction of the price.

First application goes on after you washed and dried car, applied like a wax, then next applications you just spray onto the freshly rinsed body work, rinse off, and dry.

https://youtu.be/CEvf7vZhR64 For a quick walk around.
                Looks like a great new product by Meguiars. Guess my buddy would try this one for his incoming Maserati project we'll work on after we finished installing the brake kit and kmc wheels on the current truck project. He recently got into serious detailing.
                Last edited by Fat Tony; 23-09-2020, 03:08 PM. Reason: external link removed

Comment

I’m not sure what to do about this.
                  I’m out of my fav wax R222 and it’s nearly 50 quid a tub to replace.
                  But although it doesn’t really last it does give a great shine and is a doddle to use.

The world must have moved on, but I can’t decide what to get next.
                  S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
                    But although it doesn’t really last it does give a great shine and is a doddle to use.

Meguiars worth a try!

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post

Bit cheaper on ebay, £41

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R222-Carn...QAAOSwUmBbsoUf

Comment

Working...
                      X