Respray recommendations Surrey area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respray recommendations Surrey area

Hi all. Have been meaning to get my Estoril S50 resprayed for a while (too many chips to warrant anything else). Wondering if anyone has had recent experience around Surrey, South or West London areas? Thanks.
    '99 Estoril/Estoril & Black

Hi Chris
    Hope you’re well and glad you still have your coupe, was thumbing through some photos from a long time ago and found one when we got our traction control fitted at race logic!
    I have a few recommendations as I am not far from you.
    I had my coupe painted 2 years ago and very happy with the job.

My suggestions are as below, all proper old school panel beater types who understand these old cars!

Bee Gee Coachcraft - New Malden - they painted my car, Gary is the exceptional and used to paint TVR’s - he is old skool though and he will have your car for weeks!

County Coachworks - Kingston - have painted several parts on cars over the years and are very good.

Dino @ KB is very good - Unit 26 Riverside Business Park Lyon Road SW19 2RL - he has painted my m3 CS and painted a bumper on my RS3 to remove stone chips.

Thanks
    Rags

Comment

It's a little further out but if you're willing to travel to Hampshire, I have LITERALLY yesterday booked mine in (also Estoril) at Sandydown Bodyworks in Stockbridge.

I have used these guys for years for many of my cars and the standard of workmanship & finish is second to none other I have found locally.

Mine is going in on Tuesday 21st and I'm thinking, as yours is the same colour, there *might* be some economies for you if they're doing both of our cars at the same time in the same colour?

Mine is having:
      - front bumper repainted (after pheasant strike)
      - tops of both front doors (lacquer peel & slight bubbling)
      - tops of both rear wings (slight bubbling)
      - tailgate (slight bubbling & poor paint finish from previous owner respray)
      - both sills inc waxoyling

All the panels are being shot blasted to remove any rust and treated with rust killer before being repainted.

They're not the cheapest by any stretch (they have estimated £1800 for the above - but that does include door & window mouldings which might not be needed if they can get the original ones out intact) but they are 100% worth it!
      ----------------
      David
      1999 M Coupe (S50)
      >>Read my journal here<<
      2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
      2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Brilliant! Look forward to seeing the work!
        And I see you have an Abarth also, my wife has one, pocket rockets!!!!

Comment

Hey Rags. Nice to hear from you. Yep - still got my Coupe and I remember our day out with the Racelogic guy well. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

David - thanks for the recommendation. I won’t be able to drop it off for another month or so but I’ll give them a call for a quote and mention you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
              Brilliant! Look forward to seeing the work!
              And I see you have an Abarth also, my wife has one, pocket rockets!!!!
              I’ll be sure to post photos. The standard of their work is usually spot on so I am expecting the same!

Yes we also have a 595C Turismo with the flappy paddle auto box.
              It’s the missus’ car.
              Quite flawed but a hoot to drive nonetheless!
              ----------------
              David
              1999 M Coupe (S50)
              >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Chris H View Post
                David - thanks for the recommendation. I won’t be able to drop it off for another month or so but I’ll give them a call for a quote and mention you.
                Haha well they’ll have just done mine so knowledge of them will be fresh!
                ----------------
                David
                1999 M Coupe (S50)
                >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                  Haha well they’ll have just done mine so knowledge of them will be fresh!

Hopefully it goes well so they get can get a bit of Deja Vu!!

Comment

Any photos post resprays chaps? How was Sandydown?

I’ve just been informed by the guy I was booked in with (Reefpaintshop) that he is losing his unit and I’ve had my deposit refunded.

Feeling a bit bummed to be honest as I’ve been waiting for months to get my car done. So, any recommendations much appreciated.

I’m located in Dorset. Cheers.

Comment

Sandydown was excellent as usual - have a look at my Journal - page 6 for photos etc:
                      Estoril S50 Journal - Z3MCoupe.com Forums

My mate was so impressed that he immediately booked in his 2.8 Z3 for the same treatment - his is down there now.

Mine also has PPF on it now - more details on my journal too...
                      ----------------
                      David
                      1999 M Coupe (S50)
                      >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Wow, that’s some good work there. I’ll have to pay them a visit and see what they say. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Comment

Working...
                        X