No announcement yet.

S50 MC Cruise control retrofit by Wania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send it back and get the correct part as you don't want to mess around with something like cruise control

Comment

thanks chaps.....iv ,left a message with him (quarry motors) and he should phone me in the morning......i'll sort it thanks for the help
      S50 Roadster....

Comment

found another one with the same fitting as the one i was sent..so be warned there out their...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E36-E3...p2047675.l2557

2 wires...

iv been on to quarry motors twice today and they were supposed to get back to me but haven't as of yet
        S50 Roadster....

Comment

maybe this?
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-BMW-E3...item27d39bb610

Comment

i looked at that this morning Wania...i thought i would see if theres was anything closer...but iv just bought the one on the link....thanks for your help mate..i'll follow the instructions when it arrives
            S50 Roadster....

Comment

well everythings fitted and i took her out to test it yesterday...and nothing..im going to strip it all down again....god knows
              S50 Roadster....

Comment

do you have these things?

Originally posted by Wania View Post
                4. between pedals, 2 pin terminal blue/black and blue/red cables for clutch switch:

4. clutch switch nr 61318360421 - OEM it is very expensive, is putting the substitute forward for example EPS nr 7.1110 cheaper ten times

Comment

thanks Wania i do have it installed but im going to check its fitment ...i take it if the clutch pedal is pushing down on it then it will cause the cruise control to function

ok here we go we have 12 volts to the switch....switch works when off the car (tested with continuity and get current when pressed in) iv got 12 volts going to the stalk...but when i press the clutch in we still have 12 volts...so im assuming that the switch isnt seated right?

took the switch out and it was fully stuck down (so in the on position ) so have released it and it now works as it should OFF the car...put it back on and still nowt...
                  Last edited by swamper; 10-07-2013, 09:17 PM.
                  S50 Roadster....

Comment

Thanks to Pete C for having the original information I have been able to replace the missing pictures

Comment

Picture showing parts fitted to throttle body,

cable should be slightly slack as shown not tight

Comment

Pictures have disappeared again

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X